Is there a way to show the actual values of the record being

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 16-Aug-2016 07:33

When I select the Approval attribute for my object I can create approval processes for my object.
If someone is approving the object, of course that person can click through on the approvedRecord to see the actual values of what he's approving. When I look in my email template though I see all my source object fields under '<objectname> being approved' (template helper). But if I select those fields, the values of these fields are not shown in my email (except for all the fields related to the approver (USER object).
Is this a bug? Should these fields be available?

Posted by Nitin Kumar Singh on 18-Aug-2016 05:41

Hi Ruben,

Its a bug. Thanks for noticing this. I have logged it under ID: 51379

As a workaround could you please manually go and replace all token names of "<objectname> being approved" from APPROVER to APPROVED.

That is, if you want to include name field then change {!#APPROVER.name#text} to {!#APPROVED.name#text}. Please check if this works for you.

Thanks,

Nitin

All Replies

Posted by Nitin Kumar Singh on 18-Aug-2016 05:41

Hi Ruben,

Its a bug. Thanks for noticing this. I have logged it under ID: 51379

As a workaround could you please manually go and replace all token names of "<objectname> being approved" from APPROVER to APPROVED.

That is, if you want to include name field then change {!#APPROVER.name#text} to {!#APPROVED.name#text}. Please check if this works for you.

Thanks,

Nitin

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 19-Aug-2016 02:08

Hi Nitin,

The workaround does the job, thanks!

Ruben

This thread is closed