Hello,

I use this code:

var v_oldorder = {!id};

var v_newarr = [];

var v_newnumber =

v_newarr['status'] = 65006;
v_newarr['ordern_ordernumber'] = 0;

var v_neworderid = rbv_api.cloneRecord("order", {!id}, v_newarr);

However the newly created order should get a number based upon the sequence that is in the ordernumber field.

Can someon help?

All Replies

Posted by Wim on 15-Aug-2016 02:31

Hi guys, anything on this question?

Posted by Wim on 17-Aug-2016 03:26

Hello Guys, can anyone please give an answer on this question?

Regards, Wim

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 17-Aug-2016 03:26

Sorry. Could you please elaborate your question?

Thanks

Srinivas

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 17-Aug-2016 03:31

Hi Wim,

First of all, can you please stop creating new posts for the same issue over and over? I now had to search to find this original post with the actual description of your problem.

Having said that, this looks like a bug. The API for cloning a record does not seem to look at the 'special abilities' of an auto-number field. I tried the following things:

- Not adding the auto-number field to my array

- Add it as a question mark

- Add it as -1

All doesn't work (since the actual value -1/? is being used as the auto-number value).

As a workaround you can probably use createRecord (assigning the cloned values manually) without sending the auto-number value, that should work.

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 17-Aug-2016 03:32
Posted by Ruben Dröge on 17-Aug-2016 04:22

If your auto-number field is an integer field you could also do something like this I guess, otherwise, you'd need to cut out the integer part, add +1 and then add the characters to it again:

var v_newarr = [];
var arr = rbv_api.selectQuery( "select AutoNumber from Order ORDER by AutoNumber DESC", 1);

var numberpart = arr[0];
var number = numberpart[0];

v_newarr['Description'] = 'Clone Order';
v_newarr['AutoNumber'] = number + 1;

createNewRecord(v_newarr);

function createNewRecord(recarr) {

rbv_api.cloneRecord("Order", {!id}, v_newarr);

}

This apart from the fact that I think the clone api should be aware of auto-numbering....

Posted by Wim on 17-Aug-2016 04:38

Dear Ruben,
My apologies fort he inconvenience on this question, but normally you guys are very quick in answering our questions!
And this question is urgent for our customer.
Looking at your answer i need to write a lot of code because there are a lot of fields in my ‘order’ record.
However thanks very much for his answer, i will absolutely try to achieve it the way you describe it.

Regards,  Wim Hassink
Van: Ruben Dröge [mailto:bounce-rdroge@community.progress.com]
Verzonden: woensdag 17 augustus 2016 11:24
Aan: TU.Rollbase@community.progress.com
Onderwerp: RE: [Technical Users - Rollbase] Cloning an 'order' record that has a automatic number field for 'ordernumber; field

Update from Progress Community

If your auto-number field is an integer field you could also do something like this I guess, otherwise, you'd need to cut out the integer part, add +1 and then add the characters to it again:

var v_newarr = [];
var arr = rbv_api.selectQuery( "select AutoNumber from Order ORDER by AutoNumber DESC", 1);

var numberpart = arr[0];
var number = numberpart[0];

v_newarr['Description'] = 'Clone Order';
v_newarr['AutoNumber'] = number + 1;

createNewRecord(v_newarr);

function createNewRecord(recarr) {

rbv_api.cloneRecord("Order", {!id}, v_newarr);

}

This apart from the fact that I think the clone api should be aware of auto-numbering....

View online

You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum.  To unsubscribe from only this thread, go here.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 17-Aug-2016 05:43

What do you mean with a lot of code?

I am still doing the clone of the record, just offering the 'latest' auto-numbering field value by looking up the highest value available in the order object records. The description field you can forget about.

Posted by Wim on 17-Aug-2016 06:18

Again sorry, did not study all of your suggestion; will try and let you know.
(not much code needed indeed)
Regards, Wim
Van: Ruben Dröge [mailto:bounce-rdroge@community.progress.com]
Verzonden: woensdag 17 augustus 2016 12:45
Aan: TU.Rollbase@community.progress.com
Onderwerp: RE: [Technical Users - Rollbase] Cloning an 'order' record that has a automatic number field for 'ordernumber; field

Update from Progress Community

What do you mean with a lot of code?

I am still doing the clone of the record, just offering the 'latest' auto-numbering field value by looking up the highest value available in the order object records. The description field you can forget about.

View online

You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum.  To unsubscribe from only this thread, go here.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

This thread is closed