Is it possible to determine which users / group / role will

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 04-Aug-2016 09:39

In the documentation I found the following Server-Side API:

rbv_api.startApproval(objName, objId, actionId)

This allows me to start an approval process at the moment that I want it to start which is great.
But I am missing the possibility to select the users for the Approval start. Yes I can define those in the object definition, but in real life approvals are dynamic most of the time and not a predefined list of users. 
So actually what I want to achieve is that the creator of a certain item to be approved selects the users who will need to approve that item. Then I want to start the approval process using the selected users (and not the predefined users in workflow action). Or give me an api to influence the users for a certain workflow action (for a certain object record of course). 

Is something like this possible already somehow? 

Posted by Nitin Kumar Singh on 10-Aug-2016 08:44

Hi Ruben,

Currently rollbase does not support selecting dynamic list of approvers for specific approval process. We always rely on order and list of users as configured while defining Approval action.

Thanks,

Nitin

All Replies

Posted by Nitin Kumar Singh on 10-Aug-2016 08:44

Hi Ruben,

Currently rollbase does not support selecting dynamic list of approvers for specific approval process. We always rely on order and list of users as configured while defining Approval action.

Thanks,

Nitin

This thread is closed