New button on related list - Portal Object View page

Posted by IramK on 17-May-2016 09:12

Hello,

In portals we can create a view page for an object and have the respective fields, related list views for that view page. However I don't see the option of creating a new related record in those related lists on the view page. Is there a way I can enable this through some settings?

Cheers.

Iram

All Replies

Posted by Karthikeyan Bhaskaran on 31-May-2016 23:48

This does not appear to be possible. Can you share a screenshot of where you see the button and where you don't?

Posted by IramK on 01-Jun-2016 03:19

Hello Karthikeyan,

I am looking for the new button in the related list view. I am not sure how this would get displayed. See the attached screenshot (where the arrow is pointing). This page is the view page of the main record.

Posted by IramK on 09-Jun-2016 05:33

Any luck with this?

Iram

Posted by Karthikeyan Bhaskaran on 07-Apr-2017 01:59

Hello Iram,

Sorry, it has been a while since you had raised this question.
I'm assuming you might have already moved on with your own implementation.

Default behavior - the new Record button is not available in the Related list section.

As a workaround, you can, however, create a new Create Record portal page, obtain its link value (from the Template Token), and use it in your own link (by creating an HTML component on the View Record page - not within the Related List section).

Thank you,
Karthikeyan

Posted by IramK on 11-Apr-2017 21:29

Hello Karthikeyan,

Many thanks for your reply. That is what I am doing at the moment, however, going forward, is this something that is going to be supported? Kindly let me know.

Cheers,
Iram

Orbis Software's new email signature.

Posted by Karthikeyan Bhaskaran on 18-Apr-2017 00:37

Hello Iram,

I missed seeing your last comment.

For the future implementation of this functionality, it is best you log an Idea - as the Product Management has to take the call.

This thread is closed