[4.0.4.0] - Related field (picklist) in list view do not sho

Posted by IramK on 16-May-2016 03:48

Hello,

I have a View in an object that has many related fields from another object and I am showing all of them in this view. There are three related picklist fields in this as well. When I visit the Records List Page and select this particular view, it gives me a javascript error: "Cannot read property 'undefined' of 'undefined'. Looks like a bug to me. Any solution to this?

Cheers.

Iram

All Replies

Posted by Vimalkumar Selvaraj on 16-May-2016 03:54

Hi Iram,

This errors displays when there is no value for your related field which are type of pick list. We made a fix for this in later releases. Can you try in EAP and let us know is this works fine?.

Thanks,

Vimal.

Posted by IramK on 16-May-2016 04:35

Hello Vimal,

Thanks for your reply. I don't have that many records and I have just checked my records, none of them have empty picklist values. I could try it out in the EAP but I'll have to copy across a lot of objects. Any other way to debug this issue?

Cheers.

Iram

Posted by Vimalkumar Selvaraj on 16-May-2016 06:05

Hi Iram,

Can you confirm whether Grid rendered or not?. You see issue when data loaded into Grid?. If yes is it possible to get current view data from kendo DataSource and see if there is any empty or null values from browser console.

kendoGrid.dataSource.view() -- > Will give you all records on current page. You should use our client SDK to get kendoGrid.

You can easily port our Rollbase applications to other environment. Use seed records option to attach records and port your applications to EAP and test it.  Other option is you can create sample app with only few objects and try to replicate same issue in another App and try to share with us app.xml to debug this issue further.

Thanks,

Vimal.

Posted by IramK on 16-May-2016 06:20

Hello Vimal,

Yes the issue is when data is loaded onto the Grid. I can see that those picklist fields have values as "undefined" which is probably why the grid is not rendering the list. However the actual record that it is related to does have values for those picklist fields. So I'm sure not why these picklists aren't picking up these values. Should editing and resaving the related record help?

Iram

Posted by Vimalkumar Selvaraj on 16-May-2016 06:44

Hi Iram,

So I am guessing issue is because of related field template that used for rendering data inside Grid . Yes can you go to edit record and assign a value for all related field for which you are seeing value as "undefined" .  That may helps to render your grid data ( few field types  doesn't render data inside Grid, see below explanation).

We found during Development there were issues with template that used to render Related fields data inside Grid. Issue is not just with Pick list fields, issue exist for some other types of fields as well when you use them as related field, either it doesn't display data in Grid  or it simply break like how you see.  We addressed all these issues in 4.2. I request you to wait for 4.2 release. Mean while can you try to replicate same scenario in EAP and see whether it works , so that we can be sure you are seeing issue only because of related field template  that I am talking about?

Here is the bug Id for tracking purpose TP:34513

Thanks,

Vimal

Posted by IramK on 16-May-2016 06:56

Hello Vimal,

Thanks for the explanation. I did try a situation close enough to what I have in the EAP and looks like it works ok. However, I would want to see my actual application in 4.2 to confirm that. Thanks for confirming this bug.

Cheers.

Iram

Posted by IramK on 16-May-2016 06:58

Also what's the update on the 4.2 release? Haven't heard back anything about it yet and we are waiting to upgrade to that version.

Iram

This thread is closed