rollbase and external objects

Posted by intuita on 13-May-2016 09:28

Hi, I am connecting to an open edge database from rollbase using data direct cloud. I want to use some of the tables in the open edge database as external objects in rollbase.There are some limitations but does anyone have any general comments on what works well when using this approach and what i should avoid trying to do? In the open edge database we have approval records for purchase orders. In rollbase I want to display these approval records and allow them to be 'approved' or 'rejected'. The idea is the user logs into rollbase rather than having to login to the open edge db.  Any help much appreciated.

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 14-May-2016 10:13

Yes RB has workflow capabilities, so what you want to do is feasible.

Also, in the upcoming release you can simply map a DB table to RB without RB needing special access.  The feature is called Remote Database or Remote Tables.  Maybe you won't face the same limitations as the ones you are referring.

Check it out when the release is out.

Thierry.

All Replies

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 14-May-2016 10:13

Yes RB has workflow capabilities, so what you want to do is feasible.

Also, in the upcoming release you can simply map a DB table to RB without RB needing special access.  The feature is called Remote Database or Remote Tables.  Maybe you won't face the same limitations as the ones you are referring.

Check it out when the release is out.

Thierry.

Posted by intuita on 16-May-2016 09:17

thanks i will have a look

This thread is closed