4.0.4 - Field Validation and Page reloading

Posted by Meryk on 10-May-2016 03:26

Hello,

I have a strange behavior I would like to report :

On a quick create page, I have a number of required fields, required from the object definition. So when a field is left empty, there is an error that shows and prevents from saving, but this error appears as soon as we click Save, so the page is not reloaded. I guess this is the correct behavior for required fields errors. Can you confirm please?

Now for only one required field, if it is left empty, then the error is not handled the same way. The page is reloaded, so basically there is a server round trip done here. Which is not good for what we are doing on that page, as we have a submitHandler that we want to run AFTER all fields are validated. Not sure why this is happening with only that field. (Text field).

Can you let us know when the page should reload and when it shouldn't if we leave a required field empty, or if any other validation fails, please?

Thank you

Meryem

Posted by Meryk on 10-May-2016 05:25

Hi guys,

I found the reason why this field was not validated same way than the others : was because the field was readonly. Now That I removed that, the page is not reloaded.

Thanks

Meryem

All Replies

Posted by Meryk on 10-May-2016 05:25

Hi guys,

I found the reason why this field was not validated same way than the others : was because the field was readonly. Now That I removed that, the page is not reloaded.

Thanks

Meryem

This thread is closed