Lost work in 4.2 to to reversion to 4.1

Posted by pcs on 01-May-2016 23:38

Hi,

I was working over the weekend and noticed the version was upgraded to 4.2. I have noticed today that the version has been reverted to 4.1 and I have lost a considerable amount of development and test data related work. Note I am using an evaluation licence on the Public Cloud.

Can you please advise if this is a one off occurrence and I won't be subject to a loss of data or work on the Public Cloud in the future?

Regards,

All Replies

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 02-May-2016 04:04

Hi Peter,

Saturday morning, April 30, Rollbase public cloud was upgraded from version 4.1.0.0 to version 4.2.0.0. Soon after the upgrade, we received reports of customers facing issues related to data access and querying data using Query API. On investigation it was found that there were issues in some specific cases where relationship between records were being affected in some update flows. Team gave itself 12 hours to find root cause and patch the system to fix the problem. After several attempts at reproducing the issue in test environments, we decided to revert the system to the state it was before the upgrade as this was the best path forward till we can reproduce the exact issue in-house. So we posted maintenance notice and restored both database and system to the state it was before the upgrade. This ensured that all issues faced by customers were rectified but downside was we lost all changes made between the upgrade and revert of the system.

There are several actions we'll take immediately to avoid a recurrence of Saturday’s Rollbase event. First, we are significantly increasing the efforts to bring customer applications in-house so we can verify on the same before we release. Secondly, we are increasing diagnostics on key system actions like records and relationships, to allow us to understand how they are used in customer apps and help with quickly narrowing down production issues.

We apologize for the impact to affected customers. We strive hard to maintain reliability of the system, because we know how critical the system is to customers, as most of you use it for mission-critical operations. We will do everything we can to learn from the event and to avoid a recurrence in the future; even for major releases such as the present 4.2 (8-month development cycle).

Sincerely,

The Progress Rollbase Team

Posted by IramK on 03-May-2016 03:35

Hello Anoop,

We were planning to upgrade to version 4.2 and I'm guessing Rollbase is still trying to fix the issue with regards to the upgrade. Along these lines, when can we expect the release to be available to us?

Cheers.

Iram

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 03-May-2016 03:43

We are still working on issues we faced on Saturday. We do not have a revised timeline yet for 4.2. (It will not be the coming weekend for sure)

Posted by IramK on 11-May-2016 08:33

Hello Anoop,

Any updates on the revised release date yet?

Iram

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 18-May-2016 05:49

Will update by Monday

Posted by pcs on 23-May-2016 03:30

Hi Anoop,

Are we any closer to a 4.2 release date?

Regards,

Peter

This thread is closed