Include grid control for related record creation - Create Ob

Posted by IramK on 28-Apr-2016 09:38

Hello,

I have an "Object Create Page" for an object as a portal page. There is an option of adding a Grid Control onto that page which I did and configured it to allow creation of related records on this new Object Create Page. However I don't see the plus button that would allow me to create related records for this portal page. Is this something to do with permissions on the portal page?

Cheers.

Iram

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gontla on 28-Apr-2016 10:22

Yes Iram, portal user should have permissions on related object using which you configured grid control component.

Thanks and Regards, 
Chandu.

Sent from Outlook on iOS

All Replies

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gontla on 28-Apr-2016 10:22

Yes Iram, portal user should have permissions on related object using which you configured grid control component.

Thanks and Regards, 
Chandu.

Sent from Outlook on iOS

Posted by IramK on 29-Apr-2016 08:47

Hello Chandu,

Thanks for your reply. The plus button is available now for the portal page and I can add records However when I save the main record along with the related records (attachments in my case - file upload fields), the related records are not created but the main record is being created. Any possible reasons as to why it isn't creating the related records? I have checked portal user permission for view,create,edit and delete.

Cheers.

Iram

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gontla on 29-Apr-2016 09:56

Hi Iram, 
May I know where did you check to confirm that the related records are not created?
Have you checked the related object list page in Rollbase? Or you checked the main record edit page in portal?

Thanks and Regards,
Chandu

Sent from Outlook on iOS

Posted by IramK on 29-Apr-2016 10:03

Hello Chandu,

Yes I have checked the related object list page in Rollbase and also the main record view page in Rollbase (this has the related object's list of records).

Cheers.

Iram

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gontla on 29-Apr-2016 10:14

Hi Iram, 
You should have seen them in both the places if those are created.
In related object list page in Rollbase, are there any filters that are filtering the data that is created in portal?
In case of having related list in main record view page in portal, portal user should have view permissions on related object view (Ex: All Attachments)

Thanks and Regards,
Chandu
Sent from Outlook on iOS

Posted by IramK on 29-Apr-2016 10:35

Hello Chandu,

No there are no filters in the related object list page. The portal user has view permissions as well. I think the issue here is that the related records are not being created at all upon creation of the main record. I'm not really sure why.

Iram

Posted by IramK on 29-Apr-2016 11:14

Hello Chandu,

I managed to find the issue with this. "Portal Guest" permissions need to be enabled for the record creation and then it starts working. I thought only "Portal User" permissions were required for the creation. "Portal user" permission controls the enabling of that Add (plus) button and "Portal Guest" permission allows for record creation. Something doesn't seem to be right here. Let me know if you can figure what the issue is here.

Cheers.

Iram

This thread is closed