Backoffice Admin Login Name and Password in Welcome/Forgot P

Posted by dubosegriffin on 25-Apr-2016 13:23

Hi All,

When a new backoffice subscriber is created or an existing subscriber uses the forgot password link, rollbase sends an email that contains the login name and temp password, which are both unencrypted. I understand that these are merge tokens that can be removed from the email template. However, the goal is to allow the user to register and set their password initially or in the case that they forget the password, reset that on the page rather than receiving an intermediate temp password via email.

Is there a way to authenticate subscribers in this way and circumvent a temp password inside an email.

Thank you,

DuBose

Posted by Karthikeyan Bhaskaran on 27-Apr-2016 05:19

The first requirement can be met with a Portal page. I will check and revert. The feature for Reset password is possible for a future release. It is not a feature right now.

All Replies

Posted by Karthikeyan Bhaskaran on 27-Apr-2016 05:19

The first requirement can be met with a Portal page. I will check and revert. The feature for Reset password is possible for a future release. It is not a feature right now.

Posted by dubosegriffin on 28-Apr-2016 07:44

Thank you!

Posted by Karthikeyan Bhaskaran on 31-May-2016 23:19

Sorry for the delay regarding the part1. It is possible to make use of a Portal page to create either purely Portal-only users, or User object records.

If your requirement is for creating new User records, then the Welcome Email with the temporary password does get sent. There appears to be no way to avoid this email.

This thread is closed