calendar

Posted by Abir ben salem on 21-Apr-2016 18:57

hello ,

Is it possible to convert insert data in a calendar format , please ?

All Replies

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 25-Apr-2016 13:42

You can convert an field type to another.  If that was your question?

Or instead of having to convert, please define a field in the object definition as a date field, it will automatically be mapped to calendar control.

Posted by Abir ben salem on 25-Apr-2016 15:56

hi thierry ,

I mean when I insert data as follow , I want to see the list of all sessions in a calendar , is it possible please ?

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 25-Apr-2016 20:03

I suspect for what you need to use events or tasks: check [View:http://documentation.progress.com/output/rb/doc/#page/rb/adding-events-to-a-calendar.html#:550:50]

So when you create your object definition, add the attribute that is most appropriate for your use case:

• Event Objects with the Event attribute represent scheduled activities or meetings that have a start time, duration and group of participants associated with them. Event records can be displayed, created and managed in the Calendar view, and can be exported in the standard iCalendar format. The following fields are added when this attribute is enabled: Event Subject, Date/Time, Duration, All Day, Private, Description, Location, Assigned To, Pop-up Reminder.   

• Task Objects with the Task attribute represent deadlines, follow-ups or to-do's that have a due date and one or more assigned users associated with them. Task records can be displayed, created and managed in the Calendar view, and can be exported in the standard iCalendar format. The following fields are added when this attribute is enabled: Task Subject, Due Date, Priority, Private, Description, Assigned To.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Thierry.

PS: When you ask a question, it helps to describe what you are trying to achieve - even post a very sample app to illustrate - that usually gives support a better chance to answer you very quickly.

Posted by Abir ben salem on 26-Apr-2016 06:45

hi ,

thank you very much , I already know these two types (Event Objects,Task Objects ) , I need I result similar to this . my question is : is there any possibility to get the sime result with other method ?

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 26-Apr-2016 21:36

Yes there are other methods, that's why it helps if you describe the use case we could answer more appropriately.

In your case, are you not able to use these attributes?

Other ways I can think of is to use APIs to create a record either from client side or from server side.

You can use rbf_createRecord() on client for example from a custom button.

Another example: you can imagine a trigger, which upon update of course session object would create a task object.  See documentation.progress.com/.../

Thierry.

Posted by Abir ben salem on 27-Apr-2016 04:06

the idea is to create a course schedule for a school. so I have to fill in the boxes of the calendar with the previous one form (the image already sent last time on 25/04).

is it useful to synchronize with Google Calendar ? 

Posted by Abir ben salem on 27-Apr-2016 06:58

how can I use this scheduler demos.telerik.com/.../index , please ?

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 27-Apr-2016 14:09

Does that answer your questions?

Posted by Abir ben salem on 27-Apr-2016 16:41

the idea is to create a course schedule for a school. so I have to fill in the boxes of the calendar with the previous one form (the image already sent last time on 25/04). something similar to this "demos.telerik.com/.../index " how can I do this please ?

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 27-Apr-2016 22:06

The calendar is already using the Kendo ui scheduler.  So when you create events or tasks they are rendered inside calendar.

Posted by Abir ben salem on 28-Apr-2016 02:44

more explication please ?

This thread is closed