Extending Rollbase Marketplace Applications - Integration Na

Posted by pcs on 14-Apr-2016 01:33

I am building a suite of applications that will utilise both CRM and Order Managements (product) functionality. I will use the CRM (Free) application in the Marketplace and extend as required

My question relates to the Order Management (Free) application. As my application/s use Product as a key object, is it worthwhile using this same object and (significantly) extending it, or building my own Product object? There will be many related objects to this. Is there benefit in this approach with future integration to other Rollbase apps?

A related question is with respect to the Integration Name for the Order management Product object - product1. I can't seem to change this (whilst on the public cloud) as it is read only (greyed out). Can I change this once in a private cloud environment, or is there a way to change it, even in the hosted cloud environment?

I am trying to standardize my Integration names with a unique Prefix e.g. abc_product

Regards,
Peter

Posted by Mani Kumar on 21-Apr-2016 23:04

Hello Peter,

Below is the response to your queries.

Question -1:  Is it worth extending the original Object or creating a new one?

Response: There is no harm in creating a new object and using it. However, I would suggest you to continue using the default object provided.

Reason:

1. As you’ve already mentioned, the number of related Objects to it internally

2. Another could be if any internal scripts are provided/ any field level validations wouldn’t work on it.

Queston-2: Integration name change?

Response: Yes, change of integration name is not left for applications installed from other sources and there is no recommended way of managing it.

Reasons:

1. If any update from market place needs to be pushed, it will affect the application and all the changes you’ve made will be overridden.

2. As brought up in reply to your first question, there could be some trigger/field validation scripts provided will be of no usage.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Regards,

Mani.

All Replies

Posted by Mani Kumar on 21-Apr-2016 23:04

Hello Peter,

Below is the response to your queries.

Question -1:  Is it worth extending the original Object or creating a new one?

Response: There is no harm in creating a new object and using it. However, I would suggest you to continue using the default object provided.

Reason:

1. As you’ve already mentioned, the number of related Objects to it internally

2. Another could be if any internal scripts are provided/ any field level validations wouldn’t work on it.

Queston-2: Integration name change?

Response: Yes, change of integration name is not left for applications installed from other sources and there is no recommended way of managing it.

Reasons:

1. If any update from market place needs to be pushed, it will affect the application and all the changes you’ve made will be overridden.

2. As brought up in reply to your first question, there could be some trigger/field validation scripts provided will be of no usage.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Regards,

Mani.

This thread is closed