How to change the default "New page" and "Qui

Posted by mzhalbyrov on 31-Mar-2016 10:27

Hi All,

Any body knows how to do it:

1) How to change the default "New page" for New record button on Record list Page.

2) How to change the default "Quick create page" for Quick create button on New Page.

I know i can use Workflow action with type "Related Record". The New page can be assign there but it's not user friendly.

Please see screen for details:

Posted by jsniemi79 on 31-Mar-2016 13:03

From the object definition you can navigate to the page and click edit. That would allow you to change the default page design.  You can also close the new page and quick create page if you need multiple versions from that same place.  Once you have different versions, you can assign those pages to different roles within the administration setup which would change which page each user sees depending on the role assigned to them.

If neither of those work for you, I've used client side scripting on the page to update the URL of the button using JQuery to navigate to a different page.

I hope this helps.

Posted by mzhalbyrov on 01-Apr-2016 05:51

I didn't find how to update url for button on new UI and do by location.href function.

var toolbar = $("#rbi_S_84030223 .gridToolbar.k-toolbar.k-widget").data("kendoToolBar");

toolbar.bind("click", function(e){

window.location.href = 'url here';

});

Regards,

Marat

All Replies

Posted by jsniemi79 on 31-Mar-2016 13:03

From the object definition you can navigate to the page and click edit. That would allow you to change the default page design.  You can also close the new page and quick create page if you need multiple versions from that same place.  Once you have different versions, you can assign those pages to different roles within the administration setup which would change which page each user sees depending on the role assigned to them.

If neither of those work for you, I've used client side scripting on the page to update the URL of the button using JQuery to navigate to a different page.

I hope this helps.

Posted by mzhalbyrov on 31-Mar-2016 23:33

Hi @jsniemi79,

Thank for your reply!

I have multiple versions from that diferent place for all users.

1 place create contact from client it should be one version Page.

2 place create contact from itself and here should be second version Page.

I didn't know about assign pages from administration setup -> Role. Thanks.

I can't use it for my this thing.

I've use only client side script by Jquery.

On OldUI i've changed button URL to different page.

I can't update URL button on NewUI.

How to do it on NewUI?

Regards,

Marat

Posted by mzhalbyrov on 01-Apr-2016 05:51

I didn't find how to update url for button on new UI and do by location.href function.

var toolbar = $("#rbi_S_84030223 .gridToolbar.k-toolbar.k-widget").data("kendoToolBar");

toolbar.bind("click", function(e){

window.location.href = 'url here';

});

Regards,

Marat

This thread is closed