Not receive welcome email from rollbase while installation

Posted by shilpi.agarwal3373 on 23-Mar-2016 01:19

While doing rollbase installation, we specify email details in shared.properties files.

Below is shared.properties file

# Shared properties for Rollbase components

##############################################
# Must be filled before first server start #

# Email address of first admin user
AdminEmail=alok.kumar1l@jktech.com

# Email server - can use gmail by default
MailHost=secure.emailsrvr.com
MailPort=465
MailUseSSL=1
MailTimeoutSec=10
MaxEmailQueueSize=100

# User name and password for emails sender
MailUser=alok.kumar1l@jktech.com
MailPassword=alok@3373

#Enable Custom Email configuration settings (default is true)
EmailSettingsOverrideAtCustomer=true

# Email address used as reply-to when no other address is provided.
AutoReplyAddress=
# Email address to receive emergency notifications
EmergencyAddress=

# Optional properties, defaults can be used #

# General info
Copyright=Copyright \u00A9 1993-2015 Progress Software Corporation. All rights reserved.
SystemName=Progress Rollbase

# Default host name
HostName=localhost:8080

# URL of corporate web site (no slash at the end)
WebSiteHTTP=http://localhost:8080
WebSiteHTTPS=https://localhost:8080

I am not getting a welcome email from rollbase.. What are the issues that need to be resolved to get an email from rollbase? Please suggest If i am missing something..

All Replies

Posted by Manooj Murali on 23-Mar-2016 02:09

Hi -

Do you see any errors in the console logs? Ideally, the server on which you are running the rollbase installation should have the email configuration set to send emails on the specified port and host name. Refer to the documentation @ documentation.progress.com/.../ . If you dont see anything on the console, then please try setting 'ShowDebugInfo=true' in the shared properties and perform fresh installation. This should emit any email config related errors on the console.

Regards.

Posted by shilpi.agarwal3373 on 23-Mar-2016 02:44

Ok. I am not seeing any errors in console logs.. It is successfully installed but the problem is not getting welcome mail from Progress Rollbase.

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 23-Mar-2016 04:14

Please share the following log files. These log files you can find at <ROLLBASE_HOME>\storage\2\log folder

AllEmails.log

AllErrors.log

main.log

Thanks

Srinivas

Posted by shilpi.agarwal3373 on 29-Mar-2016 05:10

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/25/main.log:320:240]

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/25/AllEmails.log:320:240]

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/25/AllErrors.log:320:240]

Please find the solution. Thanks.

Posted by Mani Kumar on 29-Mar-2016 05:16

Hi Shilpi,

The key store is missing the Java Security certificates

Please follow below article to fix the issue :

knowledgebase.progress.com/.../Issue-after-upgrading-to-4-0-2

Regards,

Mani.

Posted by shilpi.agarwal3373 on 29-Mar-2016 07:07

This error occurs when i select TLS as MailuseSSL. in shared.properties file.

but when I select SSL, an error occur - javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: outlook.corp.maruti.co.in, port: 25;

nested exception is:

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?

Please suggest What this error says actually..

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 29-Mar-2016 07:15

Could you please make sure that "outlook.corp.maruti.co.in" server enabled SMTP and make sure that port number is correct?

Thanks

Srinivas

Posted by shilpi.agarwal3373 on 29-Mar-2016 08:02

yes, both are fine - outlook.corp.maruti.co.in" server enabled SMTP and port number.. please suggest what can be the solution?

Posted by murali on 29-Mar-2016 08:36

but when I select SSL, an error occur - javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: outlook.corp.maruti.co.in, port: 25;

Your port may not be 25

Posted by shilpi.agarwal3373 on 30-Mar-2016 00:24

Hi All,

Host and port number is correct. I guess, Welcome email come from rollbase to one time when first time I start the tomcat server but when I am going to create a new customer record and give some new id say(harry@gmail.com) then harry should receive a welcome mail from the MailUser (which we mentioned in shared.properties file) say(raj@maruti.co.in).. But "harry" is not receiving any mail from "raj". It is due to while connecting to SMTP server. When I see rollbase\storage\2\logs\AllErrors.txt, I found the following error-

javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: outlook.corp.maruti.co.in, port: 25;
nested exception is:
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?

following is shared.properties fie..

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/25/shared.properties:320:240]

Please suggest If I am missing something.

Posted by Rajkumar Mateti on 30-Mar-2016 00:34

Hi Shilpi,

Try once with changing the port number from 25 to 465 in shared.properties. And let us know the result?

Thanks,

Rajkumar

Posted by shilpi.agarwal3373 on 30-Mar-2016 01:29

Hi Raj,

changed the port 465, still facing  error.

com.sun.mail.util.MailConnectException: Couldn't connect to host, port: outlook.corp.maruti.co.in, 465; timeout 10000;

nested exception is:

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out

Posted by EspritCloud on 20-Feb-2018 07:02

Hello,

I have the same error, i didn't receive the welcome email, what is the solution please ?

Thanks,

This thread is closed