Event handlers on quick create page

Posted by Aede Hoekstra on 22-Mar-2016 09:12

I'm using event handlers on some fields on my new page, this is working perfectly. Now when I use the quick create to create a record it looks like the events are not executed? Is this behaving as expected? Or can I solve this in another way on the quick create page.

Example:

Function which is executed on onChange and onBlur:

setCity();

Script on page:

<script>

function setCity()
{
rbf_setFieldValue("postal_city", rbf_getFieldValue("city") );
}

</script>

Posted by Mohammed Siraj on 22-Mar-2016 13:23

It should work  the  same on QuickCreate page as any other page.

Aede, do you see any errors reported on the browser console.(Press F12 key to see browser console )

Possible reasons:

setCity global function is not available to page. (Should be reported on console as error). Please confirm you are including the script as part of QuickCreate page definition as well.

It may have been re-defined multiple times as a result of which you are not seeing expected behavior.

Also, if you could create & share a sample app exhibiting this issue, it will help us troubleshoot further.

All Replies

Posted by Mohammed Siraj on 22-Mar-2016 13:23

It should work  the  same on QuickCreate page as any other page.

Aede, do you see any errors reported on the browser console.(Press F12 key to see browser console )

Possible reasons:

setCity global function is not available to page. (Should be reported on console as error). Please confirm you are including the script as part of QuickCreate page definition as well.

It may have been re-defined multiple times as a result of which you are not seeing expected behavior.

Also, if you could create & share a sample app exhibiting this issue, it will help us troubleshoot further.

Posted by Aede Hoekstra on 23-Mar-2016 03:34

Hi Siraj,

I've tried it again today and now it is working as expected, I've got no idea what went wrong yesterday.. Maybe a caching issue? Anyway thanks for your help!

This thread is closed