Link Lookup Parent - Parent Issues

Posted by pcs on 17-Mar-2016 23:28

I have related a Product Type object to itself (hierarchy) and then related a Product object to the Product Type (many to one) and the Product Type's parent (may to one). This is to both categorise (parent type) and type a product (not common in e-commerce applications).

The problem comes in the interface when using the native filtering "You can narrow available choices for this lookup to be consistent with current selection in another (main) lookup, connected to Product Type through link lookup.":

The Parent - Parent Link Lookup behaves differently when Styled as a Selector vs a Picklist. As a Selector, the auto typing fails, however the correct set of (child) Product Types is displayed and can be selected and saved successfully. But the field is cleared the next time it is edited. If it is changed to a Picklist it shows the parent, not the children (i.e. the opposite result).

I suspect it is interpreting Parent - Parent correctly for the Selector, but incorrectly (opposite) for the type ahead and picklist, which may explain the behaviour.

Do I need to revert to c small script and not use the native Filtering in this situation?

All Replies

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 18-Mar-2016 04:03

Could you please provide a sample application xml?

Thanks

Srinivas

Posted by pcs on 21-Mar-2016 18:01

Hi Srinivas,

Please find a test application XML attached.

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/25/Test-App_5F00_v3.xml:0:0]

Let me know how you get on.

Regards,

Peter

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 22-Mar-2016 02:43

Thank you for sharing application XML. I am able to reproduce all the issues you reported. Auto type fails, picklist style issue & value cleared in the edit page.

Logged a defect #37273

Thanks

Srinivas

Posted by pcs on 25-Mar-2016 23:47

Thank you Srinivas. I look forward to the defect/s being fixed.

In the meantime, can you suggest a workaround using (filter) code. An example would assist greatly.

Regards,

Peter

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 28-Mar-2016 06:11

Hi Peter,

I have tried your use case by creating a separate object for child type. It is working fine. Attached the sample application xml.

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/25/MainLinkLookupApp_5F00_v2.xml:320:240]

Thanks,

Srinivas

Posted by pcs on 14-Apr-2016 01:20

Hi Srinivas,

Yes, this was the solution I had already implemented as a workaround. I was hoping to use the one (same) object for the parent./child relationship but understand the limitation.

Please advise when the defect #37273 might be fixed.

Regards,

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 14-Apr-2016 01:34

Hi Peter,

As of now we tentatively planned it for June release. I will let you know once it is fixed.

Thanks

Srinivas

Posted by pcs on 27-Jul-2016 21:23

Hi Srinivas,

Any idea when this fix is planned to be released? I don't believe it made the most recent release.

Regards,

Peter

Posted by pcs on 23-Jan-2017 22:36

Hi Srinivas,

Any idea when defect #37273 will be fixed?

Regards,

Peter

Posted by Mayank Kumar on 24-Jan-2017 06:14

Hi Peter,

We are looking into this.

Regards,

Mayank

Posted by Sri Harsha on 25-Jan-2017 00:57

Hi,

This bug is triaged for 4.5 release (tentatively mid-March). We will keep you posted if there are any changes.

Thanks,

Harsha.

Posted by pcs on 27-Jan-2017 16:10

Hi Harsha,

Thanks. I look forward to this (and other related issues I have logged regarding relationships and lookups) to be resolved.

Regards,

Peter

This thread is closed