rollbase private installation with Oracle db as backend

Posted by shilpi.agarwal3373 on 14-Mar-2016 23:45

Hi all,

I am installing rollbase private cloud with Oracle as backend. For this I have installed Oracle 11.2 on the system first. Following steps are -

1. Create Rollbase private cloud account

2. Unzip the 3 files rollbase.zip, webapps.zip, and lib.zip.

3.Make a directory rollbase_new on C:\Progressx86\rollbase_new and inside this make 3 subdirectories

C:\Progressx86\rollbase_new\rollbase

C:\Progressx86\rollbase_new\lib

C:\Progressx86\rollbase_new\webapps

unzip rollbase.zip in C:\Progressx86\rollbase_new\rollbase

unzip lib.zip in C:\Progressx86\rollbase_new\lib

unzip webapps.zip in C:\Progressx86\rollbase_new\webapps

Copy all the files from C:\Progressx86\rollbase_new\lib to C:\Progressx86\Tomcat\lib

Copy all the files from C:\Progressx86\rollbase_new\webapps to C:\Progressx86\Tomcat\webapps

4. Set environmental varialbes for 

ROLLBASE_HOME

JRE_HOME

CATALINA_HOME

Configure Oracle Database for Rollbase   ?????? How to configure Oracle db ?How to execute create_ora script?

6.Modify the Rollbase configuration files.

In C:\Progressx86\rollbase_new\rollbase\config we will find following files.

1. Rollbase Database file -- database.xml

shared.properties

components.xml

Please suggest how to execute the create_ora script?

All Replies

Posted by Mani Kumar on 14-Mar-2016 23:59

Hi Shilpi,

The script that you should be running is located under below folder structure:

..\,,Progress\Rollbase\Pas_Instance\rollbase\sql

You can run the create DB file by following below doc url :

documentation.progress.com/.../index.html

and as you said, you would need to edit the database.xml by enabling only "Oracle" part of this file and setting isDefault="yes" isExternal="no".

Is this what you are looking for?

-Mani.

Posted by shilpi.agarwal3373 on 15-Mar-2016 00:13

No Mani.. My question is -- From Where  do i need to execute create_ora.sql script? Means When I install rollbase private cloud with open edge database then

I open proenv utility

and then navigate to C:\Progressx86\rollbase_new\rollbase\sql

write create_oedb.bat and press enter..

So this creates a openedge database. for rollbase

edit database.xml by enable only "OpenEdgedatabase" part.. This is ok,,

But when I open sql command line of oracle, and follow the same steps and write create_ora.sql then  it appears "Not Connected". means Oracle databse is not created.. 

Please suggest.. It is very urgent.

Posted by Manooj Murali on 15-Mar-2016 01:04

Hi Shilpi -

As far as I know, you should be able to do this easily using the sql developer that comes in bundled with oracle. Launch it and connect to your database with the admin (sys/sysadmin) credentials. Now, create a new user by setting username and password. Now, login to sql developer on the same db with the newly created user credentials and try running the create_ora.sql on the query editor. It should create the rb schema. You can then configure database.xml to run against the oracle schema with these user credentials.

Regards.

Posted by shilpi.agarwal3373 on 15-Mar-2016 02:04

Thanks Manoj..

One more question is Do i need to install Oracle 11.2G version as mentioned in documentation.progress.com/.../index.html or would Oracle 11g also work for the installation of rollbase?  Please suggest.

Posted by shilpi.agarwal3373 on 15-Mar-2016 03:13

Can we install rollbase with Oracle 11g databse or rollbase is rigid with the version of oracle 11.2 G?  I mean to say, If i installed Oracle 11g on my system, would I be able to install Rollbase with this oracle version or not?

Posted by satyanarayana sunku on 15-Mar-2016 03:48

Hi,

We have certified  Rollbase on Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production. It works successfully..

Thanks

Satya

Posted by shilpi.agarwal3373 on 15-Mar-2016 04:36

Thanks satya

This thread is closed