Document template reports - export list to Excel?

Posted by gwf on 07-Mar-2016 14:19

Is it possible to set up a document template report to export a list of records to Excel, with records in rows and the determined fields in columns?

Thank you,

gwf

Posted by Saraswathi Krishnan on 07-Mar-2016 22:57

Yes it is possible to export a list of records to Excel. Taking a simple example of the contact attribute, I am explaining the details. Create an app with an object with the contact attribute and enter a few records. Now create a document template(of type xlsx) as shown in the attachment named excel_template.

From the Object definition page

Select Report - Object type - > document template - >Next

Give a report name in the next page and select the excel_template.xlsx file in the 'Define Report Template' section ('Choose File') and Save the report

From the Object definition page click on 'Report' and preview the report you have created above.

The records are displayed as rows and the fields as columns.

In case you wish to apply filters - you can do so, and the excel file contains only the filtered records.

Regards,

Saras

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 15-Mar-2016 22:12

I have forwarded this to documentation people.  thanks for suggesting we will add it for V4.2 timeframe.

All Replies

Posted by Saraswathi Krishnan on 07-Mar-2016 22:57

Yes it is possible to export a list of records to Excel. Taking a simple example of the contact attribute, I am explaining the details. Create an app with an object with the contact attribute and enter a few records. Now create a document template(of type xlsx) as shown in the attachment named excel_template.

From the Object definition page

Select Report - Object type - > document template - >Next

Give a report name in the next page and select the excel_template.xlsx file in the 'Define Report Template' section ('Choose File') and Save the report

From the Object definition page click on 'Report' and preview the report you have created above.

The records are displayed as rows and the fields as columns.

In case you wish to apply filters - you can do so, and the excel file contains only the filtered records.

Regards,

Saras

Posted by gwf on 15-Mar-2016 15:29

Perfect, thank you very much, Saras!

Any chance this could be added to the documentation? Your explanation is very clear and I could not find anything about this is the user guide.

Greg

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 15-Mar-2016 22:12

I have forwarded this to documentation people.  thanks for suggesting we will add it for V4.2 timeframe.

Posted by gwf on 16-Mar-2016 12:03

Great, thank you!

This thread is closed