4.0.4 - Related Field in a Detailed Search not working

Posted by Meryk on 22-Feb-2016 09:18

Hello,

I have a related field (lookup field) in object A. 

In the selector page of object A, I need this related field in the detailed search form. 

Now the issue, is that when I add this related field in the search config, as 'is one of' or 'equals', the selector page is not even loading. It is opening blank, and I am getting this javascript error : 

SyntaxError: Unexpected token {

Screen shot is just a blank page as I said..

Any ideas? When I remove this field from the search, the selector page goes back to normal. I also commented out all the code in that page.

Thank you
Meryem

Posted by Mohammed Siraj on 17-Mar-2016 08:17

This has been addressed for 4.1 release scheduled for March 26 release.

All Replies

Posted by Mani Kumar on 23-Feb-2016 03:18

Hi Meryem,

I've tried the same and it worked properly for me as in screenshot.

I tried with both conditions 'is one of' or 'equals' and the popup had the expected results.

Would if be possible for you to share the app.xml for further troubleshooting?

Regards,
Mani.

Posted by Meryk on 23-Feb-2016 05:38

Hi Mani,

Are you trying it the LIST page ?

I am talking about the SELECTOR page (the one we open form an attach button for example). I just tried again, and I still have the issue.

Kindly let me know.

Thanks

Meryem

Posted by Meryk on 23-Feb-2016 05:55

Hi Mani,

The scenario I have is the following :

Object A is related to Object B. And Object B is related to Object C. so in object B I have the lookup field to object C, let's call it 'fieldC1'  (in object B). In object A I have a related field to fieldC1 form object B.

And this is the related field that I am trying to use in the detailed search, in the Selector page.

Thanks

Meryem

Posted by Mani Kumar on 23-Feb-2016 07:00

Thanks for your explanation Meryem. I've tried below steps:

1. Created Objects A, B and C

2. Related Object A to Object B & Object B to Object C

3. Created a lookup field from Object B that relates to Object C. Named it "fieldC1"

4. From Object A, created a related field to ObjectB's fieldC1. Named it RelatedFieldC1.

Now when you say the selector page, my understanding is that, I open a Object A's record/ Object B's attach selector Page, I would need to have the detailed search?

Can you please confirm if my above understanding is correct? (I've attached sample application for your reference, where I've tried this scenario)

Regards,

Mani.

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/25/Rollbase_5F00_v56.xml:320:240]

Posted by Meryk on 23-Feb-2016 08:47

Hi Mani, Thanks for the reply.

So Steps 1-2-3-4 are correct.

Now you will need to go to a object B record view page, then click attach button in the Object A related Section.

In that selector page that opens, add your 'RelatedFieldC1' in the detailed search.

You should be able to see the issue with this now.

Thanks,

Meryem

Posted by Meryk on 23-Feb-2016 09:34

Hi again Mani, to simplify, please just add your related field in a detailed search in the List page of Object A.

Thanks

Posted by Mani Kumar on 24-Feb-2016 01:11

Thanks for your confirmation.

I've now configured detailed search as per your suggestion from List page of Object A as below :

and it works fine when I navigate to Object B's record view page, Selected "Attach Object A" and I don't see any error. however, the detailed search doesn't show the lookup or option. 

Could you please log a support case so that we can have a screen share session and quickly run thru the issue/ fix it.

Regards,

Mani.

Posted by Mani Kumar on 24-Feb-2016 23:00

Support case logged for further analysis on this issue.

Posted by Meryk on 08-Mar-2016 08:31

Hello Mani,

I just reopened the case you logged for this issue.

So yes I still have this same issue, and was off for the last week which is the reason why I didn't reply to the comments on that case. Sorry for that.

Has any investigation been done? Were you able to reproduce the issue please?

Cheers,

Meryem

Posted by Mohammed Siraj on 11-Mar-2016 07:21

Confirm that this is an issue. We are tracking it as TP-36313 & will be resolved shortly.

Posted by Mohammed Siraj on 17-Mar-2016 08:17

This has been addressed for 4.1 release scheduled for March 26 release.

This thread is closed