Portal List View Export

Posted by CDHS_OEC on 09-Feb-2016 12:23

Is there a way to export the content of a list view?

Specifically, I would like to export the list view fields into a PDF template (ie, a list of orders in a standard portal). I could live with a simple csv export of the results. This would be tied to a detailed search, so that only search results are exported.

Any advice?

Thank you.

Posted by Santosh Patel on 11-Feb-2016 19:12

You have not added the report link correctly. It has to be done via the template tokens which will generate the correct URL for opening the report in a portal. What your current url is trying to open is a report from inside Rollbase. This results in Rollbase wanting a proper logged in user, which is why you see the errordialog jsp.

When designing the portal page,

You need to either drop in the report link from the left hand palette on to the page (this renders it as "My report (HTML report, which does not fit your case)

-OR-

You need to add an HTML component, edit it. Select Reports from the template helper. Select your report's URL option. And embed this token as follows:

Export Results: <a href='{!#REPORT.30624#url}'>HTML</a>

Your report link on the final page render should look something like this. localhost:8080/.../Portal

All Replies

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 10-Feb-2016 01:00

We cannot export Portal list view records in any format. Please post this in ideas section.

Thanks

Srinivas

Posted by Santosh Patel on 10-Feb-2016 01:23

This is by design. Portals do not expose the full functionality available in Rollbase. Exporting off the grid is one of them. You can circumvent by creating a report (if you always require exporting all in the list view) and make the report available in the portal masked as a Export records link.

Posted by CDHS_OEC on 10-Feb-2016 09:50

Thank you Santosh. Reports works for this purpose, as looping through the search results view allows for me to use the search parameters to export the data.

Thanks for the insightful response!

Posted by CDHS_OEC on 10-Feb-2016 17:02

Bummer - I was hoping this would be a viable solution, but unfortunately it does not allow for a portal guest (ie, someone without portal or Rollbase access) to view the report. It redirects to the the following URL:

www.rollbase.com/.../DialogErrorPage.jsp

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 10-Feb-2016 23:27

You can provide "Portal Guest" permissions for the report. Navigate to object definition -> Reports -> click on permissions link of Report -> check the view checkbox of "Portal Guest" role and Save. Now try to access the report using Portal Guest user.

Thanks

Srinivas

Posted by CDHS_OEC on 11-Feb-2016 09:58

Thank you. I have ensured permissions are set for this but still receiving the error.

Here is the link to the site with the detailed search:

www.rollbase.com/.../portal.jsp

At the bottom of the page, there is markup that reads:

Export Results: HTML PDF CSV

Using these links (the HTML, PDF, and CSV links), I receive the error. In MSIE, I receive a 500 error, in Firefox and Chrome I receive the redirect as noted above.

Posted by Santosh Patel on 11-Feb-2016 19:12

You have not added the report link correctly. It has to be done via the template tokens which will generate the correct URL for opening the report in a portal. What your current url is trying to open is a report from inside Rollbase. This results in Rollbase wanting a proper logged in user, which is why you see the errordialog jsp.

When designing the portal page,

You need to either drop in the report link from the left hand palette on to the page (this renders it as "My report (HTML report, which does not fit your case)

-OR-

You need to add an HTML component, edit it. Select Reports from the template helper. Select your report's URL option. And embed this token as follows:

Export Results: <a href='{!#REPORT.30624#url}'>HTML</a>

Your report link on the final page render should look something like this. localhost:8080/.../Portal

Posted by Santosh Patel on 11-Feb-2016 19:45

And we have hit a BUG :)

The second approach should work but due to a bug it renders the Rollbase report links which cannot open in a Portal. We apologize and a fix will be made in the next release. Bug#33784 for tracking the same.

You can however, use the first approach with some javascripting to make it work for your case. Assuming your report name is "whitepapers report", this is what you would do.

$('a:contains(whitepapers report)').parent().prepend('Export Results: ');
$('a:contains(whitepapers report)').next().remove();
$('a:contains(whitepapers report)').text('HTML');

Do get back if you have trouble with javascript, the way you want to use this.

Posted by CDHS_OEC on 16-Feb-2016 10:06

Thank you for logging the bug for this!

I have applied a workaround.

Search Results portal pages do not allow for reports to be placed on the page. Therefore, I link to a generic page and use the report types there with the jquery Santosh has suggested.

I will look for the next release so that the "export function" can be placed directly on the search results page.

Thank you for your assistance in solving this!

Posted by Santosh Patel on 19-Feb-2016 22:11

Bug#33784 has been addressed and will be available in the 4.0.6 release scheduled to come out soon.

This thread is closed