Showing and Hiding Sections with same name - New UI

Posted by IramK on 09-Feb-2016 06:47

Hello,

I have two sections on the design page of a new page and both of them are named as "Accounts", however both of them contain different list views. So in order to differentiate the sections, I have added extra spaces at the end of the 2nd section's name and use the list view I require on this section. I can then carry out my showing and hiding of sections based on my condition using the rbf_getSectionIdByTitle() function. Now I have noticed an issue with this being that the latter spaces in section names are automatically removed when carrying out an export and then an import. Could someone suggest to me a better way of dealing with this issue please?

Cheers.

Iram

Posted by Mohammed Siraj on 10-Feb-2016 08:12

Iram, am not sure if I am completely understanding your requirment. But a simple solution for showing & hiding sections is that you can use Page Section's OriginalID as argument:
rbf_showOrHideSection(sectionId, showSection). Also see: http://documentation.progress.com/output/rb/doc/#page/rb/rbf-showorhidesection().html

To figure out a section's original ID, go to design the page & select section drop down:

As you must be already aware originalID will NOT change on import.

All Replies

Posted by Mohammed Siraj on 10-Feb-2016 08:12

Iram, am not sure if I am completely understanding your requirment. But a simple solution for showing & hiding sections is that you can use Page Section's OriginalID as argument:
rbf_showOrHideSection(sectionId, showSection). Also see: http://documentation.progress.com/output/rb/doc/#page/rb/rbf-showorhidesection().html

To figure out a section's original ID, go to design the page & select section drop down:

As you must be already aware originalID will NOT change on import.

Posted by IramK on 10-Feb-2016 08:24

Hello [mention:78c86023544844079dc6455a4a7a4d57:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05],

Thanks for your reply. Original ID doesn't work correctly if I'm not mistaken in 4.0.4. Has this been fixed in 4.0.5.? If so, what would you suggest me to use in 4.0.4.? Kindly let me know.

Cheers.

Iram

Posted by Mohammed Siraj on 10-Feb-2016 08:41

For this API function i.e. rbf_showOrHideSection(sectionId, showSection), originalID should be working correctly on 4.0.4 as well. Can you please re-confirm?

Posted by IramK on 10-Feb-2016 09:13

Yes, I have tried this out and originalID works for that API function. Thanks for that.

This thread is closed