How to set the default country to be NOT united states

Posted by caylali on 04-Feb-2016 22:32

I have the following local settings:

But when I tried to create a record with location fields, the default country is always "united states"

How to set it to be "Australia" by default? 

Thanks.

Posted by Manooj Murali on 04-Feb-2016 22:50

Hi -

So, you can achieve this by modifying the default value in the 'country' picklist. To do this,

1. go to your object,

2. edit 'country' picklist field,

3. prepend {D} to 'Australia',

4. remove {D} against 'United states',

5. save.

Now, on your record create pages you should see that country dropdown is defaulted to 'Australia'.

Changing the localization settings to Australia will not affect these picklists.

Also, please note that 'country' is a shared picklist, so, any modifications will also affect other picklists in the system using this picklist. Refer to documentation.progress.com/.../ for more information about the picklist and the share feature.

Regards.

All Replies

Posted by Manooj Murali on 04-Feb-2016 22:50

Hi -

So, you can achieve this by modifying the default value in the 'country' picklist. To do this,

1. go to your object,

2. edit 'country' picklist field,

3. prepend {D} to 'Australia',

4. remove {D} against 'United states',

5. save.

Now, on your record create pages you should see that country dropdown is defaulted to 'Australia'.

Changing the localization settings to Australia will not affect these picklists.

Also, please note that 'country' is a shared picklist, so, any modifications will also affect other picklists in the system using this picklist. Refer to documentation.progress.com/.../ for more information about the picklist and the share feature.

Regards.

Posted by caylali on 04-Feb-2016 23:54

Thanks Manooj, it solved my issue.

This thread is closed