Portal: Forgot password link not working?

Posted by CDHS_OEC on 03-Feb-2016 15:13

Hi all,

When attempting to log-in to the portal, and using the default log-in page, clicking on the "Forgot Password" link produces a form to type in the user's login name and e-mail address. Clicking on "Submit" then yields an error message:

Error: There is currently no email address associated with your record in our system. We are unable to send you a password reset email. Please contact the administrator of this site.

Am I missing something in the deployment of this portal? User records are located on an object with integration name "User_1" and has "Contact" and "Portal User" attributes. Email addresses are stored in the "Email" field. Any advice?

Thanks.

Posted by CDHS_OEC on 03-Feb-2016 23:32

Thanks to those for looking into this.

I believe I have resolved the issue by removing the Contact and Portal User attributes and then re-attributing them to the object. All appears to be functional now.

All Replies

Posted by Rajkumar Mateti on 03-Feb-2016 20:40

Hi,

Can confirm that record has value for email field?

Because I was able to get the password successfully. I am getting the error you mentioned in the case of if the email field does not contain value.

Thanks,

Rajkumar

Posted by CDHS_OEC on 03-Feb-2016 22:17

Correct. All records have properly formatted email addresses in the email field.  Still receiving the error message. Thank you.

Posted by CDHS_OEC on 03-Feb-2016 22:44

Posting user registration page here:

////

Site has a user profile page that allows for confirmation of user email account associated with user record.

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 03-Feb-2016 23:28

Could you please confirm that Login Form page created using "User_1" object?

Thanks

Srinivas

Posted by CDHS_OEC on 03-Feb-2016 23:32

Thanks to those for looking into this.

I believe I have resolved the issue by removing the Contact and Portal User attributes and then re-attributing them to the object. All appears to be functional now.

This thread is closed