Attaching a Single Subscriber to Many Tenant Zones

Posted by dubosegriffin on 03-Feb-2016 09:10

Good Morning,

I am interested in using the same tenant subscriber record in many tenant zones by attaching the subscriber rather than creating a new subscriber for each tenant zone. Is this possible?

Here are the specifics. We have 5 account managers that we want to give read only access to inside the tenant zone. We do not want them to use the login feature from the master zone but rather log into each zone as needed with a subscriber account. We would create 5 subscriber accounts, one for each account manager to prevent log in conflicts and for audit record purposes. I would like to create each subscriber on the first customer zone and then attach it to additional customer zones.

This will serve two purposes:

1. each account manager can use the same subscriber credentials to log into multiple zones, therefore removing the headache of having a subscriber account for each zone.

2. reduce the user license fees. Doing it this way will cost us 5 license user fees, rather than a separate subscriber for each tenant zone which is costly.

Thank you for any thoughts or feedback you may have.

DuBose

Posted by Santosh Patel on 03-Feb-2016 12:30

There is no concept of attaching the subscriber to multiple tenants. However, you can create a user in each tenant with the subscriber's progress id details (same email should be used). Having done that, when the user logs into Rollbase, he/she has a Switch tenant feature in the user drop down menu (top right) to switch between tenants that he is a user of.

I'm afraid this won't reduce user license fees as any regular user is counted against the user limits for that tenant.

All Replies

Posted by Santosh Patel on 03-Feb-2016 12:30

There is no concept of attaching the subscriber to multiple tenants. However, you can create a user in each tenant with the subscriber's progress id details (same email should be used). Having done that, when the user logs into Rollbase, he/she has a Switch tenant feature in the user drop down menu (top right) to switch between tenants that he is a user of.

I'm afraid this won't reduce user license fees as any regular user is counted against the user limits for that tenant.

This thread is closed