[4.0.4] - Cancel Button on New Page not taking to previous p

Posted by Meryk on 25-Jan-2016 03:58

Hello,

I have a new page where I am checking the option  "Redirect to "View" page after creating new record." . So what's happening is when I click Save on that page, the view page of the newly created record is open.

But when I click Cancel, I am redirected to the list page, whereas I just want to go back to where I came from.

Basically when I uncheck this option, The Cancel is taking back to the previous page (the one we came from), but the Save  is doing the same as well, and not opening the view page of the newly created item.

Is that a known issue please?

We would expect the cancel button to simply take us to previous page.

Thank you

Meryem

Posted by stayal on 19-Dec-2016 01:25

Hi Iramk ,

This bug has been fixed in 4.3.

Thanks,

stayal

All Replies

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gontla on 25-Jan-2016 13:19

Hi Meryk,

The page will be redirected to view page only after clicking on Save button if you enable "Redirect to "View" page after creating new record" option and it is working fine.

If we enable or disable the above option, clicking on Cancel button in New Record page will always navigate to records list page and it is correct based on my understanding.

It is navigating to previous page (list page) only when we clicked on Cancel button.

Am I missing something here?

Could you please explain a bit more what the issue is?

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu.

Posted by Meryk on 27-Jan-2016 03:37

Hi Chandu,

Ok let me explain :

I have a new page that I am opening in a workflow : So let's say I am in the view page of an object A, I click on  the workflow button I have there, let's call it 'Action', and from there open the new page of object B. There is a Data Map between A and B.

So in this new page, I need two things :

1- When clicking Save, I need to open the newly created record of Object B => This is working fine when checking the option "Redirect to View" in that new page.

2- When clicking Cancel, I need to go back to the view page of Object A, where I was before clicking the workflow button "Action". Which is not happening now as cancel takes us to the list page. Also when I uncheck the option "Redirect to View", the Cancel is working fine (taking to the previous view page of object A), but the Save is not working anymore.

Is that clear ? Please let me know if not.

Cheers,

Meryem

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gontla on 27-Jan-2016 04:56

Hi MeryK,

Thanks for the detailed information.

Please find below inline comments for your questions.

//2- When clicking Cancel, I need to go back to the view page of Object A, where I was before clicking the workflow button "Action". Which is not happening now as cancel takes us to the list page.

[Chandu] This is a bug. Clicking on Cancel  button is navigating to records list page instead of going to back to record details page when we enable the option ' Redirect to "View" page after creating new record.'

Thanks for catching it. We will fix it and let you know the update.

//Also when I uncheck the option "Redirect to View", the Cancel is working fine (taking to the previous view page of object A), but the Save is not working anymore.

[Chandu] I am unable to reproduce it. After unchecking the option 'Redirect to "View" page after creating new record.', the page is redirecting to A record details page in case of both Cancel and Save operations and both operations are working as expected.

Please let me know the exact scenario where it is not working.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu.

Posted by Meryk on 28-Jan-2016 03:30

Hi Chandu,

Yes you are right. I confirm both then behaviors you are describing here, in both cases when we check and uncheck the option.

Thanks for confirming its a bug. Please can you give us a date or version this can be planned for ?

Cheers,

Meryem

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gontla on 28-Jan-2016 05:59

Hi MeryK,

As of now, it is not planned for any release.

We will let you know once it is targeted for any release.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu.

Posted by Meryk on 29-Mar-2016 06:36

Hello Chandu,

Any news or planned date for this please?

Cheers,

Meryem

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gontla on 29-Mar-2016 07:23

Hi Meryk,

It is planned for v4.3.0.0 release which is due in mid of 2016.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu.

Posted by IramK on 12-Dec-2016 04:40

Hi [mention:ca8e79ed4d2e46d09db2168345c9714b:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05] ,

Has this bug been fixed in the latest release?

Cheers.

Iram

Posted by stayal on 19-Dec-2016 01:25

Hi Iramk ,

This bug has been fixed in 4.3.

Thanks,

stayal

This thread is closed