User permission

Posted by shilpi.agarwal3373 on 22-Jan-2016 02:36

Hi All,

I have created an application named "myapp" and created one object "Title". Then add User role and then User account with name "Demo Dutt". After that I have created a new tab named  "appmembers" and tab type is "Object" and then select object "User".

When I logged in as demo dutt user name with login name and password (which i received form Progress email), I am not able to see the "appmemebers" records. but i am able to see titles record.

pfa

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/25/doc1.doc:320:240] 

Please suggest

All Replies

Posted by Manooj Murali on 22-Jan-2016 02:47

Hi -

Can you please check if the user's ( "Demo Dutt") role had access to user object.

Regards.

Posted by Mani Kumar on 22-Jan-2016 02:50

Yes Manooj, even if the user has the permissions to the user Object, the view doesn't list user records.

Posted by Mani Kumar on 22-Jan-2016 03:08

Looks like an issue for me.

Even after providing permissions on all objects and views (= Administrator), still the user is not able to view the records.

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 22-Jan-2016 03:08

Please check "myappview" View permissions once. Provide view permissions for this user role.

User Object definition -> Views -> Click on Permissions link of "myappview"

Thanks

Srinivas

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 22-Jan-2016 03:21

LDF permission is enabled by default for the User object. Please set Location, Department & Function for User object records. Then you can see the records.

Please read the following documentation for more details about LDF permissions

documentation.progress.com/.../

Thanks

Srinivas

Posted by shilpi.agarwal3373 on 22-Jan-2016 04:54

Following steps are performed to set LDF permission-

1. Create a record in Location, Department and Functions in Organization Management.

2. Create a Group named "MyGroup".

3. Assigning users to this group.

4. Enable the Organization attribute for User Object on both the application "Organization Management" and "Myapp".

pfa

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/25/doc2.doc:320:240]

Still not able to see the appmembers  in "Demo Dutta" user when i logged as Demo Duuta".

Please suggest or specify the steps for setting LDF permission.

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 22-Jan-2016 05:05

Please follow the below steps:

1) Login as Admin

2) Navigate to User object

3) Click on edit record (which record you want to display for non-admin user-Demo Duuta)

4) Click on design this page (Page Options -> Design this page)

5) Drag and drop the fields Location, Department & Function from left panel to page

6) Click on Save and Synchronize

7) Now select same values as you selected for "MyGroup" and save the record

Now login as Non-Admin (Demo Duuta). You should able to see the above record you edited

Thanks

Srinivas

This thread is closed