twitter/facbook on rollbase

Posted by shilpi.agarwal3373 on 10-Jan-2016 22:44

Hello,

Can we access twitter or facebook from rollbase? I have searched it but not able to find possible solution. Please suggest members Is there any way to access facebook/twiiter? I am using 4.0.3.2 version on private cloud. 

All Replies

Posted by Shivani Silveri on 10-Jan-2016 23:16

Hi,

We do not have support for Facebook/Twitter integration within the product as of now.

Posted by Shivani Silveri on 10-Jan-2016 23:19

Hi,

Could you please share what exactly you would like to achieve?

Posted by shilpi.agarwal3373 on 10-Jan-2016 23:25

We can access google mail (gmail) from rollbase.In the same way I want to access twitter/facebook in rollbase. Is there any way to achieve this?  

Posted by Santosh Patel on 10-Jan-2016 23:28

You can integrate your facebook posts or twitter tweets by embedding their widgets into your page's html/script component. Check out devproconnections.com/.../tips-integrating-facebook-and-twitter-your-website

There are many more examples out there that show you how.

Posted by shilpi.agarwal3373 on 11-Jan-2016 02:33

Hi santosh,

I guess the link which you have sent is not suitable for rollbase. Please can you explain what will be the steps required to integrate facebook post or twitter.

Posted by Santosh Patel on 11-Jan-2016 03:10

And that is where requirements come in Shilpi, as Shivani asked for. What is it that you exactly want to do with Facebook and Twitter inside Rollbase?

For one I was able to put a timeline in my Rollbase with little or no effort. I used the page plugin that is the replacement for the likebox plugin mentioned in my earlier share. Check out https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/page-plugin

More daunting tasks will require going through the APIs exposed by Facebook and Twitter (look into their developer APIs). But yes, we don't have facility today to provide a gmail like integration for FB and Twitter today.

Posted by shilpi.agarwal3373 on 11-Jan-2016 03:24

I just want to show my facebook account posts on rollbase through craeting a new object or some other way. Like we can see our gmail inbox through enabling imap in gmail setting and through Third party settings in Rollbase's Gmail tab. Same way I want to access facebook account posts in rollbase.. Please suggest.

Posted by Santosh Patel on 11-Jan-2016 06:32

There is no direct integration on the lines of Gmail as of today.

As mentioned earlier, you need to go the API way and use Facebook Graph API and Twitter's API to get hold of your posts/tweets and show them in Rollbase just like embedding them in any other website.

I found this tutorialzine.com/.../ which could be useful to you.

This thread is closed