custom Trigger Steps

Posted by shilpi.agarwal3373 on 22-Dec-2015 03:32

Hi all,

Can anyone be shared the steps of "how to make custom Trigger"? I have followed the document but it is not much clear. Can anyone share screen shots of making custom trigger to access db triggers in rollbase?

All Replies

Posted by shilpi.agarwal3373 on 22-Dec-2015 03:49

I want to have a right direction to make Custom Trigger in rollbase. Actually what should be written in design time class and runtime class to make custom tirgger?

Please suggest.

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 22-Dec-2015 04:32

Hi Shilpi,

I was wrong. we cannot invoke database triggers from Rollbase. Database triggers are only executed before/after rows are inserted/updated/deleted in the database.

Thanks

Srinivas

Posted by shilpi.agarwal3373 on 22-Dec-2015 04:40

Ok Thanks. So it is sure that we can not access db triggers in rollbase. Is it making sense that We need to rewrite the db trigger in our rollbase application if i want to migrtae existing application inti a rollbase? Is it a bug that we can not access db triggers in rollbase?

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 22-Dec-2015 05:47

I am sure. We cannot invoke DB triggers from Rollbase. It is not a Rollbase defect. Database triggers cannot be invoked from any outside system. I am not sure why you want to rewrite DB triggers in  Rollbase. When Rollbase inserts any record DB trigger will be executed automatically and returns an error message if there is any error. Rollbase displays it as System Error.

Do you want to display System error message as UI validation error message?

Thanks

Srinivas

Posted by shilpi.agarwal3373 on 22-Dec-2015 06:02

Hi Sri,

Take a real time scnerio, where business logic is written in the db trigger so I wanted to access that db trigger into my rollbase so that i will not need to write the same thing through rollbase trigger. That was the main point.

Anyways If I want to display Syatem Error as UI validatiom error message so What can be the possible solution?

Thanks,

Shilpi

Posted by shilpi.agarwal3373 on 22-Dec-2015 06:15

Please suggest, May be I am going on wrong way.

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 22-Dec-2015 06:19

Currently, we cannot display System Error as UI validation error message. Please post it in ideas section.

Thanks

Srinivas

This thread is closed