New UI - rbf_isEmpty not working after field set with rbf_se

Posted by Meryk on 07-Dec-2015 04:39

Hello,

I have an issue that is probably related to rbf_setFieldValue not displaying the right text in the field when used with a selector lookup field. I don't know if this is fixed in 4.0.3, but we are still using 4.0.2 anyways ..

So the problem is : I have a selector lookup field that I am setting using rbf_setFieldValue. This field is now displaying an ID. Now I am doing rbf_isEmpty(sameField) and it is returning true, knowing that the field is not empty.

Is this going to be fixed when the issue of the displayed text will be resolved? Or is that a separate issue ?

Please ref to this post :

https://community.progress.com/community_groups/rollbase/f/25/p/20408/76591#76591

Thank you

Meryem

Posted by Vimalkumar Selvaraj on 08-Dec-2015 03:43

Hi Meryem,

rbf_isEmpty(args) method returns true if argument is null or empty string. If you would like to check given field value is empty you should use something like this rbf_isEmpty(rbf_getFieldValue(fieldName)). You can't directly use them with fieldName.

Refer doc documentation.progress.com/.../index.html for more details.

Regarding another post that you were talking about rbf_setFieldValue() on lookup field as Siraj mentioned that has been fixed on 4.0.3. It displays item text instead of Id when you use rbf_setFieldValue() on lookup field ( both Selector and Picklist).

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Vimal.

All Replies

Posted by Vimalkumar Selvaraj on 08-Dec-2015 03:43

Hi Meryem,

rbf_isEmpty(args) method returns true if argument is null or empty string. If you would like to check given field value is empty you should use something like this rbf_isEmpty(rbf_getFieldValue(fieldName)). You can't directly use them with fieldName.

Refer doc documentation.progress.com/.../index.html for more details.

Regarding another post that you were talking about rbf_setFieldValue() on lookup field as Siraj mentioned that has been fixed on 4.0.3. It displays item text instead of Id when you use rbf_setFieldValue() on lookup field ( both Selector and Picklist).

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Vimal.

This thread is closed