New UI - Charts and Two columns in List pages

Posted by Meryk on 03-Dec-2015 08:53

Hello,

I am in default CRM and I have this Dashboard page, re arranged in two columns :

In both comulns, we have a list section and a chart section below it. But when we move then to the right column, they don't look the same, i.e the spacing is not the same, As you can see in the screenshot, the charts are not at the same position if you compare right and left column.

Any reason why the right column is stuck like that ?

Thank you

Meryem

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 04-Dec-2015 14:31

Seems like you hitting the issue of separators not present for the right column.

This was fixed in 4.0.4.

All Replies

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 03-Dec-2015 10:18

In V4.0.4, we have fixed some spacing issues for items in the second column (they were missing the separator).
I'm not sure this is the issue you are seeing, though, as you provided one screenshot I can't compare how it should render.

What it could be is that items in each column do not have the same height and thus do not stack up the same way.
We have a property to control how to render the dashboards.  The property is:
/* False to render as in classic ui (where a new row is started only when there is a section of type span).  When set to true a new row is started after a left and right section */
rb.newui.options.genericPage.leftRightSectionPairStartsNewRow

It essentially controls how the left and right column items stacks-up (try collapsing items and see how the other items fill the space or not based on the whether the property is true).

I will look for an example and show its effect in a subsequent post.

Thierry.

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 03-Dec-2015 14:02

Here is a simple example.  Given this dashboard:

When rb.newui.options.genericPage.leftRightSectionPairStartsNewRow = false

here is what happens when you collapse a section

Now, when rb.newui.options.genericPage.leftRightSectionPairStartsNewRow = true

So either mode can be useful depending on what you are trying to achieve and also depending on whether the left and right elements have same height.

Note: Some of this was not possible before V4.0 because we could not specific the grid height.

Thierry.

Posted by Meryk on 04-Dec-2015 03:28

Hi Thierry,

Thanks for the clarifications. But the issue I am describing has nothing to do with the behavior of the following section when collapsing the first one.

Please see the screenshot below, where I am showing in red the spaces we have on the right section, but not on the left.

So basically, those spaces are not affected by whether the sections are collapsed or expanded, and will still be there in the lefty column and not the right one, for both collapsed and expanded sections.

We are still on 4.0.2 for now and will be upgrading to 4.0.4 directly..

Thank you,

Meryem

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 04-Dec-2015 06:59

Seems like you hitting the issue of separators not present for the right column.
This was fixed in 4.0.4.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Thanks for the clarifications. But the issue I am describing has nothing to do with the behavior of the following section when collapsing the first one.

Please see the screenshot below, where I am showing in red the spaces we have on the right section, but not on the left.

So basically, those spaces are not affected by whether the sections are collapsed or expanded, and will still be there in the lefty column and not the right one, for both collapsed and expanded sections.

We are still on 4.0.2 for now and will be upgrading to 4.0.4 directly..

Thank you,

Meryem

View online

You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum.  To unsubscribe from only this thread, go here.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

https://community.progress.com/notification/read?NotificationId=b6382db6-1a55-441a-ad16-889040803a2b

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 04-Dec-2015 14:31

Seems like you hitting the issue of separators not present for the right column.

This was fixed in 4.0.4.

This thread is closed