rollbase new UI performance

Posted by anu31221@gmail.com on 29-Nov-2015 21:57

It takes time to load the pages on new UI compare to legacy UI

All Replies

Posted by Mani Kumar on 30-Nov-2015 04:24

Hi Anurag,

Can you please be more specific when you say page load takes time? Are you referring to any specific pages?

Also, in 4.0.4.0 there are going to be some performance improvements in this area.  

Regards,

Mani.

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 30-Nov-2015 11:17

The new ui has more js libraries to load, thus the initial load time is slightly greater but subsequent operations are very fast in particular with all the performance work we have done in 4.0.3 and 4.0.4.
I invite you to try latest release once it’s out.  Also, would you be interested in trying this out on a beta hosted version of RB?

Thierry.

Posted by anu31221@gmail.com on 04-Jan-2016 16:44

When is the new release which will improve the performance. I have not yet enabled current new UI to client becuase it takes longer time to load when y click contact, also the header field gets squized for the first time

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 04-Jan-2016 22:30

There were perf improvements all along but major boost is in 4.0.4 where we do a lot more ajax operations.

Posted by anu31221@gmail.com on 05-Jan-2016 08:50

When we will have 4.0.4 release in public cloud? I holding the current release from enabling to client because of performance issue and columns getting squeezed.

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 05-Jan-2016 09:48

It is already on public cloud (Since mid December).

Posted by anu31221@gmail.com on 12-Jan-2016 18:11

How to check which version of rollbase i am running with

Posted by Manooj Murali on 12-Jan-2016 21:12

You can check this in the subscription details page. If you are on new UI, expand the hamburger menu (on the left side top corner) and click on subscription details & if on classic UI, you can reach subscription details page by clicking on the profile image (on the right side top corner).

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 04-Mar-2016 20:14

The upcoming release has a new algorithm to size columns (essentially sizing kendo grid columns as if the grid was rendered as an html table ) + ability to turn that off.

Hopefully, that will help out your case of columns being squeezed.

This thread is closed