Get password field value - New UI

Posted by IramK on 22-Nov-2015 18:25

Hello,

I have a password field on my new page that I am trying to retrieve the value from and when I try to do a rbf_getFieldValue it returns null to be despite a value being there. This worked earlier in version 3.2.0.0, however it doesn't work anymore. I am on version 4.0.2.0. Kindly let me know how I can retrieve the value of a password field.

Cheers.

Iram

All Replies

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gontla on 22-Nov-2015 22:48

Hi Iram,

Yes. It is not working in New UI.

We will raise it and let you know once it is fixed.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu.

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gontla on 23-Nov-2015 03:38

Hi Iram,

Small Correction:

The case you mentioned is a bug in v3.2.0.0.

We intentionally removed the support for password field by using rbf_getFieldValue as per security concerns in v4.0.0.0 release.

Note: In case of Edit page, the method getFieldValue is not returning value in both old and newer versions.

Could you let us know the use case for getting password using API in New Record page?

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu.

Posted by IramK on 23-Nov-2015 03:59

Hello Chandu,

Basically I am trying to perform a getObjectDefNames API call to get the list of all the objects available to me that is not available under the list of client-side API functions. In order to achieve this, I need to make a REST API call to first login (/rest/api/login) and then perform a REST api call to get all the object definition names.

Cheers.

Iram

This thread is closed