Detach a record - Client side - New UI

Posted by IramK on 20-Nov-2015 06:22

Hello,

I am trying to detach a record on the records (object A) View Page by performing an rbf_updateRecord(..) on the related record (object B record). However the relationship between A and B is M-M, so the related record might have other A records.

1) Is there a way that I could carry out an updateRecord on the lookup field on record B such that only the current record A is removed and others remain?

2) Is there a way to carry out a server-side rbv_api.detach() from the client-side using an #EVAL[] block as specified in this documentation? documentation.progress.com/.../

Kindly let me know.

Iram

All Replies

Posted by Manooj Murali on 24-Nov-2015 00:32

This is a possible duplicate of community.progress.com/.../75670

Posted by IramK on 24-Nov-2015 03:19

Hello Manooj,

This is a duplicate of it however I have asked some specific questions here such as using the EVAL block rbv_api.detach() on client-side. Could you please let me know the solution to those?

Cheers.

Iram

Posted by Manooj Murali on 24-Nov-2015 03:41

Hi Iram -

Regarding

2) Is there a way to carry out a server-side rbv_api.detach() from the client-side using an #EVAL[] block as specified in this documentation? documentation.progress.com/.../ - See more at: community.progress.com/.../75682

Did you try this? Did it not work?

-Regards

Posted by IramK on 24-Nov-2015 03:48

Yes I tried that but I don't know how the detach will work on client-side. Can I send in parameters in that EVAL block? Would I be able to get a return value? Could you provide me with a working example of this detach from client side please?

Cheers.

Iram

Posted by Manooj Murali on 27-Nov-2015 07:44

Hi Iram -

I did not get a chance to try this out. I will post back once I have a working code sample for you.

Regards

This thread is closed