Is it possible to integrate ASPOSE

Posted by mysteryminds on 19-Nov-2015 14:32

Hello all 

I would like to integrate the ASPOSE  PDF integration into our rollbase

What I would like to do is  as follows 

1. Create the pdf document from the system 

2. Merge of multiple documents into single document

3. Edit PDF documents from ROLLBASE 

4. Save and comment on the pdf and save file.

All Replies

Posted by Manooj Murali on 20-Nov-2015 00:21

Hi -

Please refer to link documentation.progress.com/.../index.html to understand how Aspose is used in Rollbase.

-Regards

Posted by mysteryminds on 20-Nov-2015 04:33

@MM - I would highly appreciate if you could guide me steps to implement an API.. Something like a tutorial kinda stuff. as I'm novice in integration.,

Posted by Alon Blich on 20-Nov-2015 07:01

You might want to try the free docxfactory project for docx files.

I'm not objective but it's more powerful, faster and simpler :)

Plus it's free and in the process of being open sourced.

I'd be more than happy to help you set it up.

Disclosure: I wrote the project.

HTH

Posted by mysteryminds on 20-Nov-2015 09:11

Congrats Alon...

But I would like to know what are all the features your DOCXfactory project can do..,

List of tasks and others and please do guide me setup..

Posted by Alon Blich on 20-Nov-2015 14:36

I've pasted the overview from the website below but you can download the tutorial and browse through the table of contents to get a better idea. The tutorial also covers installation and setup. 

I am an openedge not a rollbase developer but I would be more than happy to get in touch with someone from rollbase to help set it up.

• Simple to Use - To create a .DOCX file, design a template (regular .DOCX file) and merge your data with the template using your favorite programming language. No technical knowledge of the .DOCX file format (Open XML) is required.
  • Powerful - Does alot more than simply inserting values and creating simple letters, it allows you to truly create real world, sophisticated reports with barcodes, charts, pictures, table of contents, paging features and much more.
  • Well Documented - The tutorial walks you through howto create documents and all the library features.
  • Multiple Formats - Supports generating many different document formats, like, PDF, OpenOffice/LibreOffice, HTML as well as printing.
  • Barcodes - Supports practically every 1D and 2D barcode in the world, like, Code39, Code128, EAN, UPC, ISBN, Databar, Postal Codes, PDF417, Data Matrix, QR Code, Maxi Code and many more.
  • Charts - Supports the entire list of more than 70 chart types and all their variants in Microsoft Word, like, Column, Line, Pie, Bar, Area, Scatter, Stock, Surface, Doughnut, Bubble and Radar charts.
  • Fast - Create a .DOCX file in milliseconds and millions of files per day.
  • Free - DocxFactory is Freeware. It is completely free for private and commercial use without any time or feature limits. The project will be open sourced this year.
  • Cross Platform - Available on Windows and UNIX/Linux.

Hope this helps.

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 22-Nov-2015 13:05

I'm also unobjetive...

DocxFactory allowed me to integrate document creation on appserver routine.  It took some 0.1 to 0.38 s to create one invoice, with and record fetching and all, some 1 to 1.5  secs per doc (it includes calling a webservice abroad to sign xml).

At beginnig of project, I stimatted 5 secs per doc and settled for that... so the saved 3 s are free from computing power.

This thread is closed