Invalid date input - when implement resource file lang-th.p

Posted by tawatchai on 12-Nov-2015 04:34

Hello,

I did implement lang-th.properties.  Rollbase allow to select Language as Thai language nicely on User setting of Personal Setup.

When select Thai language, the locale will automatically change to Thai  and date format will shown as Bhuddist Era (21/08/2557).  With all these setting, it impact to all of our application that when we input date using  21/08/2014 or 21/08/2557.  it will show us invalid date input.  

How can we used Thai with Bhuddist Era input  in rollbase 4.0.3.1

(To reprocduce the case , just copying lang-en.properties as source to lang-th.properties in res directory) 

All Replies

Posted by Manooj Murali on 12-Nov-2015 05:20

Hi -

After you modified the language under user settings, did you visit the localization settings page under the setup and save those settings?

-Regards,

Manooj

Posted by tawatchai on 12-Nov-2015 21:31

Hi Manooj,

I did save it from  PERSONAL SETUP -> My locallization setting.  (This page show my locale as Thai , and date format shown as Bhuddist Era 2557eg.)

And I also  go to   ADMINISTRATION SETUP -> Localization Setting  the locale displayed "English(US)" . There is no Thai locale allow to select here.  

I did save from both menu.  But My application still got error when input date " 11/11/2015  is not a valid date"

Regards,

Tawatchai

Posted by Manooj Murali on 13-Nov-2015 01:26

Hi Tawatchai -

We currently do not fully support Buddhist Era in the product. So, unfortunately, this will not work for you.

-Regards,

Manooj

Posted by tawatchai on 13-Nov-2015 02:57

Hi Monooj,

OK, got it. (Not fully support Buddhist Era).

but, I think there are some behavior not right here.  

1) When first create file lang-th.properties  and start rollbase. It enable us to select Language for each user created.

This is OK.

2)   But when go to Personal Setup -> My Localization Setting, It show Thai locale after we select Thai Language from previous step.

And at this point, if I do save as it show on screen which is Thai locale information. It will impact to this user to not able to input any date even using Christian Era format. (11/11/2015)

THIS SHOULD BE A BUG , Please confirm ?

3) But, if I restore default localization setting using  Personal Setup -> My Localization Setting ->restore default

This user can entry any date without error.

Could you please explain mechanism that you  use to implement on input date validation  

4) Where is a place that I can make request to add Buddhist  Era support to rollbsae.

Thank you,

Tawatchai.

Posted by Manooj Murali on 13-Nov-2015 04:28

Hi Tawatchai -

1) When first create file lang-th.properties  and start rollbase. It enable us to select Language for each user created.

The moment you add a new resource file with the appropriate lang code, rollbase will detect that language and add it to the list of available languages. But, this should not end up coming in the User settings language dropdown unless your user is part of the master tenant itself. In case of customer's other than the master tenant, the languages available to the user are the one's set for the customer during customer creation (1 base language and 4 additional languages).

2)   But when go to Personal Setup -> My Localization Setting, It show Thai locale after we select Thai Language from previous step.

And at this point, if I do save as it show on screen which is Thai locale information. It will impact to this user to not able to input any date even using Christian Era format. (11/11/2015)

Yes, the moment you save the user's language to thai, his localization settings will be made available for that language under personal setup->my localization settings. Currently, we are not restricting this for any language and saving these settings will cause a problem in this specific case as Buddhist era is not supported at the moment. I am not sure if we can call this out as a BUG as we never said we support Thai language in the first place.

3) But, if I restore default localization setting using  Personal Setup -> My Localization Setting ->restore default

This user can entry any date without error.

Could you please explain mechanism that you  use to implement on input date validation  

When you do a restore default from personal setup->My localization settings, we will fallback to the default localization settings of the customer (this can be seen from the Administrative setup -> localization settings -> first tab). I am guessing that is English in your case which is why things work after a restore defaults.

4) Where is a place that I can make request to add Buddhist  Era support to rollbsae.

You can post it @ community.progress.com/.../rollbase under the ideas section.

-Regards,

Manooj

This thread is closed