Kendo Grid JS error when using Grouping and Workflow Actions

Posted by Wesley Cogan on 09-Nov-2015 23:04

We are currently using 4.0.2 and have encountered a JS error when a List (Kendo Grid) is used under certain conditions. Specifically, when you are using a View that has both Grouping enabled and you have a Workflow Actions column selected. The result is that the grid doesn't fully load - you cannot change pages and no Workflow Actions listed being two of the biggest issues.

The specific error is in rb-ui.js and reports under Chrome as "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'hasOwnProperty' of undefined" (Firefox will report it as something else). 

The error is within the Kendo Grid's dataBound function: the offending section of code begins with "$(".rbs-marker-wfActionsColumn")". It doesn't handle Grouped data correctly when accessing dataSource.view() — for example if you have 2 groups of 10 items on the page then for the 12th item it will attempt to use view[11] rather than view[1].items[1] as would be correct in this scenario.

I wrote a quick alteration to rb-ui.js to fix this, but am reluctant to deploy this to a Production environment. I am hoping to have an ETA of when I can expect this to be available in an update.

Posted by Sri Harsha on 10-Nov-2015 03:33

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. Indeed, the issue is what you have pointed out. Data received when grouping is enabled is not handled properly (when workflow actions columns is present in the grid)

This has been fixed now and will be avaialble in the next release (4.0.4)

Thanks & Regards,

Harsha.

All Replies

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gontla on 10-Nov-2015 00:59

Hi,

This is an issue.

We will raise it and let you know ASAP once it is done.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu.

Posted by Sri Harsha on 10-Nov-2015 03:33

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. Indeed, the issue is what you have pointed out. Data received when grouping is enabled is not handled properly (when workflow actions columns is present in the grid)

This has been fixed now and will be avaialble in the next release (4.0.4)

Thanks & Regards,

Harsha.

This thread is closed