Portal Page URLs

Posted by jsniemi79 on 30-Oct-2015 08:59

I'm trying to go directly to a non-authenticated portal page from another application.  That application will take the hardcoded URL I give it and it adds some parameters to the URL.  I'd like to be able to read those parameters to execute some code on the portal page once it loads.  I am running into an issue where the URL is not going to the page I would expect.  

In the screenshot below, you can see the URL which takes me to a non-authenticated search results page in my portal.

Now, If I add anything to the end of the URL, like a "?" and refresh the page, you can see that the contents of the page change to a Create Page (Which is the main page of this particular portal). 

You can see from this screenshot, this is the actual URL of the page above. 

Is it possible to add parameters to the portal page?  If so, is this a known issue that is going to be fixed?

All Replies

Posted by ajsharma on 02-Nov-2015 05:19

Hi Jason,

If understood correctly you would like to pass additional parameter in Portal URL  & want to process it. So you can pass the extra parameter as below

crm.vyco.com/.../portal.jsp

where name=ajay is additional variable "name" & vaaue is "ajay" is passed & you can write javascript to use these variable.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Posted by jsniemi79 on 02-Nov-2015 08:02

Yes, that is exactly what I am trying to do.  I have another application that adds the parameters to the URL when the user launches the portal.  However, it doesn't appear that Rollbase can handle the fact there are two question marks in the URL.  In the URL below, everything up to the first question mark is hard coded by me and everything else is added by the other application.

crm.vyco.com/.../portal.jsp

When this launches, it doesn't go to the correct page, it defaults to the main page of the portal.  If I simply change the second question mark to "&", the URL works perfectly.

Is this something that should be possible, without changing the second "?" or do I have to figure out a work around?

Posted by ajsharma on 02-Nov-2015 23:57

I would suggest you to pass additional request parameter without appending second "?" & instead use "&". It should work.

Posted by jsniemi79 on 03-Nov-2015 07:47

I am not able to change what is being appended by the third party system very easily.  I did end up working around the issue though.  Thanks for your help!

Posted by ajsharma on 05-Nov-2015 00:29

Hi Jason,

I checked with the URL provided with you by putting "?" at the end its showing the page as expected(please find the attached screenshot).

Posted by jsniemi79 on 05-Nov-2015 07:54

Great.  I was able to manipulate the values being passed and got this working as well.  Thanks for following up.

This thread is closed