Count by Relationships in View

Posted by MykalAnderson on 26-Oct-2015 03:29

Hi All. I'm new here so please let me know if i am posting this correctly. I am also new to RollBase so this might fall under silly questions and correct me if I use the wrong terms.

I have 2 objects, Customers and Series (they are comic books). these 2 objects are linked by a relationship called subscriptions.

What I am trying to produce is a view that 1) groups the Series, 2) displays the Customers that are linked to those Series by the Subscriptions relationships, and then 3) provides a Count of the number of Customers linked to Series.

1 & 2 work Great, but the real information i need is 3, the count. The idea is that a list is generated of how many copies of each series are required to fill the subscriptions.

When creating the view, initially count by subscription is available to select, but defaults back to counting by Series. When i go back to the view, i can no longer select count by Subscription. Any help appreciated.

Posted by Saraswathi Krishnan on 28-Oct-2015 04:55

I have created 2 objects as mentioned by you - namely customer and series, and I have a 1-many relationship (1 customer to many series) created - where the relationship name is 'subscriptions'.

Under the series object I have created the view requested by you. Does that answer the required query, do let us know.
Sending the application created as an xml file which you can import and check.

All Replies

Posted by MykalAnderson on 28-Oct-2015 01:23

Hi again. Still haven't been able to solve this issue or determine if this is even possible. I feel like it should be.

Here is what i am talking about:

1)I create a view and at first I can select to count by subscriptions,

2)Once I have done this, the count in the view reverts to counting only the series, not the subscriptions.

3)And when I go back to modify the view, i can no longer select subscriptions.

I hope that explains my problem a little better.

Thanks for reading.

Edit: Contained images but i didnt get them to stick. Let me know if they are needed.

Posted by Saraswathi Krishnan on 28-Oct-2015 04:55

I have created 2 objects as mentioned by you - namely customer and series, and I have a 1-many relationship (1 customer to many series) created - where the relationship name is 'subscriptions'.

Under the series object I have created the view requested by you. Does that answer the required query, do let us know.
Sending the application created as an xml file which you can import and check.

Posted by MykalAnderson on 29-Oct-2015 00:02

Hi Saraswathi.

Thanks for your answer. I will check this as soon as I can. I will say though that comic series to customers is a many to many relationship. A customer may have many subscriptions, and a comic series may have many subscribers.

thanks so much for your help :)

This thread is closed