Embedded Quick Create not retaining values on error - New UI

Posted by IramK on 21-Oct-2015 04:45

Hello,

I have a New Account form that has an embedded Quick Create form for a new Contact. After filling in all the information on my form if there are any validation errors, the embedded quick create form loses its field values. This did not happen in version 3.2.0.0. but is happening in version 4.0.2. There are no onload scripts that would perform this kind of behaviour ( I have tried commenting out everything to test if it was that and it wasn't). Could someone please check this for me and let me know if this is a known issue?

Cheers.

Iram

Posted by Mohammed Siraj on 23-Oct-2015 07:00

Fix for this issue has been comiited to the release branch. This will be addressed in 4.0.3 release due for this month end.

Regarding temporary workaround on client - side, the field values are lost on server roundtrip. Hence, there are no ideal client-side workarounds to circumvent this issue. One possible way is write the field values in HTML5 web storage (client-side session). However, will not prescribe that as wrong management of web storage will result in drying up available storage space for rollbase scripts & will result in  incorrect ambiguous behavior.

Suggest you wait for 4.0.3 upgrade.

All Replies

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 21-Oct-2015 05:20

Hi Iram,

I am unable to reproduce this issue in my environment. Could you please share sample application XML?

Thanks

Srinivas

Posted by IramK on 22-Oct-2015 05:33

Hello @Srinivas,

I have a trigger that checks for the uniqueness of an email address field on that new page. So if there is an email address in the list of email address records (another object), then this new page throws an error stating that the email address is already in use. As soon as this server side code is checked, my embedded quick create form loses its values. I know validation can now be done on the client-side itself rather than server-side but what would you recommend doing in this situation? Kindly let me know.

Cheers.

Posted by IramK on 22-Oct-2015 05:52

And I have been able to reproduce it again on another application as a test. So the information on the embedded quick create is being reset and is getting account information on it after validation occurs. I have attached the before and after of the trigger. Kindly have a look and let me know what the issue is.

Before: 

After:

Posted by IramK on 22-Oct-2015 06:07

I have attached an XML for your reference. You will notice the issue when you try to create a New ISV Country (Demo) and try to save a Company (in the Quick create) that already exists in the list of Companys.

Kindly let me know if you are unable to reproduce it. 

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/25/3750.Demo-App_5F00_v1.xml:320:240]

Posted by IramK on 23-Oct-2015 03:38

Any luck on finding this issue? Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers.

Iram

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 23-Oct-2015 03:42

Hi Iram,

I am able to reproduce the issue. This is a defect. I logged internally. We will let you know once it is fixed.

Thanks

Srinivas

Posted by IramK on 23-Oct-2015 03:45

Hello Srinivas,

Any possible resolutions to this till you fix this? Would it be possible to get a fix for this in 4.0.3 as this is quite an important issue for me. Kindly let me know.

Cheers.

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 23-Oct-2015 06:30

Hi Iram,

I don't see any suggestible workaround in this scenario.  4.0.3 release being scheduled on 31st of this Month, I'm not sure if this can be fixed in this release. We'll let you know soon.

Thanks

Srinivas

Posted by Mohammed Siraj on 23-Oct-2015 07:00

Fix for this issue has been comiited to the release branch. This will be addressed in 4.0.3 release due for this month end.

Regarding temporary workaround on client - side, the field values are lost on server roundtrip. Hence, there are no ideal client-side workarounds to circumvent this issue. One possible way is write the field values in HTML5 web storage (client-side session). However, will not prescribe that as wrong management of web storage will result in drying up available storage space for rollbase scripts & will result in  incorrect ambiguous behavior.

Suggest you wait for 4.0.3 upgrade.

Posted by IramK on 23-Oct-2015 07:03

That's ok. We'll wait for the release.

Thanks.

Iram

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 26-Oct-2015 02:33

Hi Iram,

Instead of using a trigger you can enable "Do not allow duplicate values in this field" property to check uniqueness of an email address field

Thanks

Srinivas

This thread is closed