Original ID for Pages - New UI

Posted by IramK on 19-Oct-2015 05:42

Hello,

I have been using my custom selector pages when the user clicks on the Attach which used to work well pre-4.0. However with the new version I noticed that the original ID no longer works in order to reference selector pages. Could someone clarify whether this issue is known or not and/or if it is an issue?

Pre 4.0 URL: ../dialog/relatedRecordCreate.jsp?act=clean&pageId=265938&funcName=create23080 (265938 => Original ID of the selector page) - This doesn't work in 4.0.2.

4.0.2 URL: ../dialog/relatedRecordCreate.jsp?act=clean&pageId=16243&funcName=create23080 (16243 => ID of the selector page) - This works in both versions

Cheers.

Iram

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 06-Jan-2016 01:45

Small correction. It is 4.0.5 release sheduled on Jan 16.

Thanks

Srinivas

All Replies

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 28-Oct-2015 09:26

We will treat this a a bug in New UI (Not supporting Original ID in URL) and fix in an upcoming release.

Posted by IramK on 28-Oct-2015 09:31

Any projected dates please?

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 28-Oct-2015 10:27

We have next release Mid-December

Posted by Mohammed Siraj on 07-Dec-2015 06:32

Hi Iram,

The behavior w.r.t referencing selector pages has not changed in 4.0.

Can you please share some additional details & confirm  on the following:

Which is the earlier release you are referring where pageId=origPageId url parameter was working?

Were you passing oPageId parameter additionally?

Are you seeing HTTP - 500 'Not a Related Attach page' when you are using original page id or does the grid renders empty?

Posted by Mohammed Siraj on 14-Dec-2015 02:41

Hi Iram,

Request for the above stated set of details in order to resolve this issue. Kindly share.

Regards,

Siraj.

Posted by IramK on 14-Dec-2015 03:39

Hello @Siraj,

Basically the earlier release I was referring to was 3.2.0.0. As stated in the question, I am trying to apply the Page ID myself using the kendo button click option when the user clicks on the Attach button.I am replacing the current page ID with the Original ID of the page.

Yes, I do get the HTTP - 500 'Not a related attach page' (screenshot attached).

It would be great to have this feature of choosing the Attach selector or the lookup selector page built-in from Rollbase.

Kindly let me know if you need any further information.

Cheers.

Iram

Posted by Mohammed Siraj on 06-Jan-2016 01:38

This has  been addressed in Rollbase 4.0.6 release scheduled  for Jan 16.

Regarding, having in-built support  to custom selector page for Record Create, request you to file an enhancement. Will consider going forward.

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 06-Jan-2016 01:45

Small correction. It is 4.0.5 release sheduled on Jan 16.

Thanks

Srinivas

This thread is closed