New UI - Worklfow Button to render on EDIT Page

Posted by Meryk on 08-Oct-2015 05:50

Hello,

I have a workflow action I want to render as a button on the EDIT page.

Now workflow buttons all go to View pages. Can we specify the page on which we display the button? Can you suggest any workaround to achieve this please, because I haven't seen anything straight away to do that until now?

Now I am just creating a normal Button on the Edit page and triggering all the actions I need on click on that button, but at the end I am not using the workflow at all, which is loosing all the interest .. plus it is getting complicated.

Any help ?

Thank you

Meryem

Posted by Sri Harsha on 29-Oct-2015 01:39

Hi Meryk,

Workflow actions cannot be added to reocord edit page. And the workaround you have tried does not work too. The rbf_runObject() method runs any of the action defined in the page. So, as the "rbf_action16201" is an action of your record view page, you cannot invoke it from an edit page.

The way to go for your requirement is either the way you have done (add a custom button and do the necessary actions) or Create an appropriate trigger (like status change, send email etc) and invoke it on the custom button click using rbf_runTrigger() broswer-side api.

Please let me know if you need anything else on this.

Regards,

Harsha.

All Replies

Posted by Meryk on 08-Oct-2015 06:09

Hi,

Just realized this is the function running behind the Workflow button :

return rbf_runObjectAction('rbf_action16201');

I am simply trying to call it  on click on the button I have on the EDIT page, but nothing is triggered.

Any idea why this is not working ? I do not see any errors on the page ..

Thanks,

Meryem

Posted by Sri Harsha on 29-Oct-2015 01:39

Hi Meryk,

Workflow actions cannot be added to reocord edit page. And the workaround you have tried does not work too. The rbf_runObject() method runs any of the action defined in the page. So, as the "rbf_action16201" is an action of your record view page, you cannot invoke it from an edit page.

The way to go for your requirement is either the way you have done (add a custom button and do the necessary actions) or Create an appropriate trigger (like status change, send email etc) and invoke it on the custom button click using rbf_runTrigger() broswer-side api.

Please let me know if you need anything else on this.

Regards,

Harsha.

Posted by Meryk on 30-Oct-2015 11:52

Hello, Thank you I've got this working the way I described before by introducing a new button.

Thanks

Meryem

This thread is closed