New UI - Selector rbf_setFieldValue And link Lookup

Posted by Meryk on 29-Sep-2015 09:34

Hello,

I have two lookup fields A (Selector) and B (Picklist) on a Quick Create Page. I am using rbf_setFieldValue to set the value in A, as suggested in this post :

https://community.progress.com/community_groups/rollbase/f/25/p/20408/72369#72369

And it is inserting the id of the selected item and not the name, which you said will be fixed shortly.

Now, lookup B is a link Lookup to A, that is a main lookup to the object being created.

When I set the value of A, which appears like '12345', the pick list of the field B is empty, even if I know I have some values that should appear there.

I think the Main Lookup/Link Lookup is not working when the field value is set this way.. which can make sens as the value of the id is maybe not what you are checking to achieve the link lookup.

Is that a bug or am I missing something ?

Thank you

Meryem

Posted by Mohammed Siraj on 29-Sep-2015 10:04

Main Lookup / Link Lookup functionality is affected in New UI - Edit pages. We have already resolved this for 4.0.2, which is due for release shortly, probably this weekend.

Also, for Selectors, rbf_setFieldValue showing id's is not the reason behind why the link look up is not reset.

Regarding, rbf_setFieldValue for selectors, the reason why we are showing the id as label is because unlike a picklist a selector does not have list of appllicable values available. Normally, when user launches selector dialog, we retreive the list and any selections are then passed onto the field.

You need not be concerned that field value is not being correctly set for Selectors, its just that we are NOT fetching additional record details like record name when you call out this API, something that we will be resolving in 4.0.3.

All Replies

Posted by Mohammed Siraj on 29-Sep-2015 10:04

Main Lookup / Link Lookup functionality is affected in New UI - Edit pages. We have already resolved this for 4.0.2, which is due for release shortly, probably this weekend.

Also, for Selectors, rbf_setFieldValue showing id's is not the reason behind why the link look up is not reset.

Regarding, rbf_setFieldValue for selectors, the reason why we are showing the id as label is because unlike a picklist a selector does not have list of appllicable values available. Normally, when user launches selector dialog, we retreive the list and any selections are then passed onto the field.

You need not be concerned that field value is not being correctly set for Selectors, its just that we are NOT fetching additional record details like record name when you call out this API, something that we will be resolving in 4.0.3.

This thread is closed