New UI - Events and Reminder Popups

Posted by Meryk on 28-Sep-2015 05:45

Hello,

I am in the new UI and I have an Object containing a rollbase event.

I have two strange behaviors to report :

1- When a record is created with an overdue start date (of the event) , there is no reminder popping up to inform of this. The only way to get this reminder, is to create a record with a start date in the future, then the reminder will pop up x minutes before the due time (x minutes = Reminder minutes in the event). Then only if we do not close this reminder and leave it, and when the due time will be passed, it will popup the overdue reminder.

2- Once we have the overdue reminder (as described before), if we close it using the closing cross on the top, it will keep coming up. The only way to close it (i.e reminded = true), is to go to one of the old UI pages, on which we will get an alert with this same reminder message, then only on clicking OK or closing this alert, the reminder will disappear from the new UI pages.

Are you aware of these behaviors? Or am I doing something wrong here ?

Thank you

Meryem

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 08-Dec-2015 03:17

We will fix this in January release.

All Replies

Posted by Meryk on 29-Sep-2015 03:56

Hello,

Has anyone had a chance to look into this please ?

Cheers,

Meryem

Posted by Sri Harsha on 29-Sep-2015 06:34

Hi MeryK,

I have tried your usecase and i can confirm the observations you pointed out are bugs. Please see below for my comments.

1. Overdue reminders are not shown if an event is created with older date

>> Actually, the overdue pop-up is shown but it is hidden as soon as a new notification that a new event record got created is shown. We shall log a defect and track the same. Thanks for the information.

The behaviour that you observed that overdue reminder is shown only if the pending meeting remider is not closed is because Rollbase shows any of the popups until the "reminded" flag of the record is set to true. Once any of the reminders is shown and user acknowledges it no more reminders with respect to that recrod are not shown to the user. (this behaviour is same for both Classic UI and New UI)

2. In New UI, Overdue reminder is shown again even though user chose to close it previously.

>> Again, this is a bug in New UI. Will log the defect and address the same in any of the coming releases.

Please let us know if you need have anything else to add to this.

Thanks,

Harsha.

Posted by Meryk on 13-Nov-2015 06:10

Hi,

Has this been fixed in 4.0.3 please?

Thank you,

Meryem

Posted by Sri Harsha on 15-Nov-2015 22:43

Hi Meryem,

No, this was not fixed in 4.0.3.  We will try to push this in 4.0.4/4.1.

Thanks & Regards,

Harsha.

Posted by Meryk on 02-Dec-2015 06:12

Hi guys,

Any update on fixing this for 4.0.4 please?

Thank you

Meryem

Posted by Sri Harsha on 07-Dec-2015 01:49

Hi MeryK,

Sorry, this will not be part of 4.0.4. We shall try picking it up for next release.

Regards,

Harsha.

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 08-Dec-2015 03:17

We will fix this in January release.

Posted by Meryk on 07-Jan-2016 04:32

Hi guys,

We were wondering how far we could customize the popup reminders.

First, in terms of text we want to show in the popup ? Can we specify somewhere the content of the popup, as we want to add additional information related to the overdue item ?

And secondly, if possible to merge all popups in only one popup in case we have many overdue events, so it would look like a list of overdue items in the same popup?

Thanks

Meryem

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 07-Jan-2016 17:53

There is no provision, currently, to do what you are describing.
Please enter a suggestion in the idea section.

Thanks.

Posted by Meryk on 06-Apr-2016 09:53

Hi Thierry,

Yes I added a suggestion here : [View:https://community.progress.com/community_groups/products_enhancements/i/rollbase/event_popup_reminders_customization:550:50]

Also, I just tested the bugs I am describing in this post on beta 4.2 and :

1. Overdue reminders are not shown if an event is created with older date

>> Actually, the overdue pop-up is shown but it is hidden as soon as a new notification that a new event record got created is shown. We shall log a defect and track the same. Thanks for the information.

===> This is still the case in 4.2. Can you please confirm ?

2. In New UI, Overdue reminder is shown again even though user chose to close it previously.

>> Again, this is a bug in New UI. Will log the defect and address the same in any of the coming releases.

===> This is sorted in 4.2. Thank you.

Thank you

Meryem

This thread is closed