Section Title with same name shifts the second section title

Posted by IramK on 28-Sep-2015 04:02

Hello,

I just noticed another bug with the New UI - Version 4.0.1. When you have two sections with the same name on the View Page of a record, the section title of the second section shifts below the section itself as shown in the attached image. I have been able to reproduce this in many occasions. Could you kindly let me know when this can be fixed please? Preferably in 4.0.2 if possible :)

Cheers.

Iram

Posted by Sri Harsha on 29-Sep-2015 07:38

Hi,

I too tried importing tha demo application you have provided. Created an ISV country record and the view page of the record looks good to me too.

1. Apart from what you have provided, Do you have any scripts added to application or the views/pages ?

2.. Once the view page loads, can you please open the browser developer tools (F12) and let us know if you are seeing any javasciprt errors listed in the console.

Thanks,

Harsha.

All Replies

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gontla on 28-Sep-2015 04:10

Hi,

I am unable to reproduce the issue that you mentioned.

It might be specific to section configuration.

Couple you please share app xml which describes this issue?

Thanks and Regards,

Chandra.

Posted by IramK on 28-Sep-2015 04:16

Hello @Chandrasekhar,

If you drag and drop two sections that have the same related lists i.e. in my case I have two Third Party Applications related list view that are same but I have repeated them in two different sections and given those two sections the same name. Could you try this and let me know if you see the same issue please?

Cheers.

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gontla on 28-Sep-2015 04:25

Hi,

Earlier, I tried with two sections with same name and different reports.

Now, I tried with two sections with same name and same list view.

Still, I am unable to reproduce the issue.

Please find attached screen shot.

Could you check your configuration to find any info to debug in design mode of that page?

Thanks and Regards,

Chandra.

Posted by IramK on 28-Sep-2015 04:47

Hello,

Couldn't really find anything that would help us to figure out the main issue causing this but I can provide another screenshot of the very same in another application.

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gontla on 28-Sep-2015 04:53

Hi,

If possible, please share the app xml which has issue.

We will debug and let you know the status.

Thanks and Regards,

Chadra.

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 28-Sep-2015 10:06

Iram,

You do not need to share the original application where yous aw the problem.

If you create a simple app that illustrates the issue and post it here, that would be perfect and would speed up diagnosing and fixing it.

Thanks. Thierry.

Posted by IramK on 28-Sep-2015 11:40

Hello Thierry,

I have attached the second application the screenshot of which I have attached earlier as well. Please go to the View Page of an ISV Country and check this behaviour.

Cheers.[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/25/Demo-App_5F00_v1.xml:320:240]

Posted by IramK on 29-Sep-2015 06:45

Hello,

Any luck with the issue?

Posted by Rajkumar Mateti on 29-Sep-2015 07:08

Hi,

we are still unable to reproduce the issue with your provided application.

Thanks,

Rajkumar

Posted by Sri Harsha on 29-Sep-2015 07:38

Hi,

I too tried importing tha demo application you have provided. Created an ISV country record and the view page of the record looks good to me too.

1. Apart from what you have provided, Do you have any scripts added to application or the views/pages ?

2.. Once the view page loads, can you please open the browser developer tools (F12) and let us know if you are seeing any javasciprt errors listed in the console.

Thanks,

Harsha.

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 29-Sep-2015 07:58

Iram,

Could it be you see this issue at a specific screen width?  With the responsive ui, elements can be moved around depending on screen size (width).  Please could you check at different screen width (start with > 1200px and then down).

Thanks. Thierry.

Posted by IramK on 29-Sep-2015 08:27

Hello @Thierry,

Yes I have checked with the screen width and its not an issue with that. However I did manage to find the issue with this and its some javascript code that was running in the background that was causing this to happen. Thanks @Sri.

Many thanks for your help guys. Its working as before now.

Cheers.

This thread is closed