New UI - Set a Lookup field value

Posted by Meryk on 25-Sep-2015 11:27

Hello,

To set a lookup field value in the old UI, we were using rbf_selectObject, this way :

rbf_selectObject(id, name, null, fieldName, false);

Now in the NewUi, how do we achieve the same thing please? I tried the above method but not working.

Tried rbf_setFieldValue too, but it doesn't seem to be working neither

Any suggestions please?

Thank you

Meryem

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 29-Sep-2015 08:10

Hi Meryem,

For this fix you will have to wait for 4.0.3

We are currently working on making white labeling an easier process. Can you describe your white labelling exercise for us ? We are planning to develop tools to make this easier. Your input would make the tool more feature rich and relevant to your use-cases..

Regards,

Anoop

All Replies

Posted by Mohammed Siraj on 28-Sep-2015 02:05

In New UI, use rbf_setFieldValue to set field values (in form pages) for all field types including look-up fields.

Meryem, can you please elaborate on any issues that you are seeing with rbf_setFieldValue for look-up fields i.e. is it a selector/picklist/hidden field. Anything reported on browser console when the value is not set as expected?

Some exceptions:

In 4.0.1, it does not work on look-up fields which are configured as hidden. This is resolved for upcoming 402 release.

In 4.0.1, for look-up fields which are configured as selectors, on invoking rbf_setFieldValue, you will see related obj id's in field control & not record name. However, on saving form field value will get set correctly. The label issue will be resolved in release 4.0.3.

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gontla on 28-Sep-2015 03:23

Hi,

I have tested in rollbase.com.

As suggested by Siraj, if lookup field is a selector then it is showing up record id in UI. But, it is showing up the record name as expected in record edit page (after submission of the form).

If we rendered lookup as picklist then it is working fine. Means, rbf_setFieldValue() method is setting up value and it shows record name in the field as well.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandra.

Posted by Meryk on 28-Sep-2015 09:21

Hello,

Yes so basically, it is working properly only when the lookup field is a picklist.

In the case of a selector lookup, the name  of the selected item is not displayed (the id instead).. This is the issue I was having actually, but ok I am taking note of the two exceptions you mentioned in your post Siraj.

Thank you

Meryem

Posted by Meryk on 28-Sep-2015 09:25

Can you please suggest a workaround to set a SELECTOR lookup field then ?

I am actually using this same selector in other places, I can not just change it to picklist now ..

Thank you

Meryem

Posted by Mohammed Siraj on 28-Sep-2015 09:40

For both picklist & selector, rbf_setFieldValue API functionality is INTACT. That is, On SAVE, field value gets set correctly.

Only with selector, there is a label issue, which will be resolved in a forthcoming release, 4.0.3 at the earliest.

Request you to continue using rbf_setFieldValue API only & NOT employ any workarounds or switch to picklist. The minor label issues will be resolved shortly.

Posted by Meryk on 29-Sep-2015 03:23

Ok I will continue using rbf_setFieldValue.

Thank you.

Meryem

Posted by Meryk on 29-Sep-2015 03:53

Hello Siraj,

Unfortunately, our system administrator mentions that we wouldn't be upgrading to 4.0.3, due to the time consuming white-labeling exercise.

Therefore the last version for a while would be 4.0.2. So we either need a fix in for 4.0.2 or find a workaround for this.

Any suggestions please ?

Thank you

Meryem

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 29-Sep-2015 08:10

Hi Meryem,

For this fix you will have to wait for 4.0.3

We are currently working on making white labeling an easier process. Can you describe your white labelling exercise for us ? We are planning to develop tools to make this easier. Your input would make the tool more feature rich and relevant to your use-cases..

Regards,

Anoop

Posted by jsniemi79 on 29-Sep-2015 08:43

If you can't use the rbf api, you could try to use jquery to set the values instead.  I haven't run through it in the new UI, but use it quite a lot in an older version.  It will require some maintenance, but might get you by until you can take v4.0.3 or higher.

Posted by HosnyA on 29-Sep-2015 08:48

Hello Anoop,

Meryem's colleague here. We are in touch with your Product Manager regarding our white-labelling issues. However if required we can schedule a call to discuss these.

cheers,

Hosny.

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 04-Oct-2015 08:00

OK. I will let our Product Manager schedule this. He has already shared the details you have shared so far.

Posted by Meryk on 07-Dec-2015 04:29

Hi Guys,

I am getting back to you on this one to ask if the label issue has been fixed in 4.0.4 please?

Also, 4.0.4 is always planned for this weekend ?

Thank you

Meryem

Posted by Mohammed Siraj on 07-Dec-2015 04:34

This has alreaedy been resolved in 4.0.3.

Rollbase 4.0.4 is scheduled for release on Dec 12.

This thread is closed