New UI - Newly added Buttons going under Overflow Button

Posted by Meryk on 23-Sep-2015 09:40

Hello,

I have a workflow with some actions that I need to be rendered as Buttons in the view Page.

The way it is behaving with the new UI, is by adding those Buttons to the menu ("overflow anchor button") on the right, which means we don't see them in the Toolbar and we need to drop down the menu before realizing there is an Action that can be done on that record.

These buttons are the key to the workflow process and this is how the user can know what can be done or not on the record. (Complete/ Open/ Validate..)

Is there a way we can keep those buttons, at least the workflow ones, out of the menu and show them in the toolbar?

We can see that this is a good design for mobile screens as everything is under those menus and users know that, but on a desktop screen we can see usability issues raising from this, any suggestions please ?

Thank you

Meryem

Posted by Rajkumar Mateti on 23-Sep-2015 10:23

Hi All,

We have fixed the issue it will be available in next 4.0.2.0 which is planned tentatively(Oct 3 2015).

Thanks,

Rajkumar

Posted by Sri Harsha on 24-Sep-2015 01:49

Hi,

As mentioned above, we have improved the page toolbar in 4.0.2 (to be released soon). Please find the screenshot bleow on how the toolbar renders when there are workflow actions

In the above image, 'Complete', 'Open', 'Validate', 'Close' are workflow actions with option "render as button". And workflow actions "Reassign", "Assign To Me", "Defer" and "Reject" are workflow actions without the option "render as button". 

So, in summary, workflow actions with "render as button" option are shown directly in the toolbar (as long as there is space to display) and other workflow actions which are renderd as links goes to the overflow menu in the toolbar. 

Hope that hepls. Please let us know if you have any comments on this. 

Regards,

Harsha.

All Replies

Posted by jsniemi79 on 23-Sep-2015 09:52

Meryem,

It looks like this is supposed to be fixed in v4.0.2 per this post.  community.progress.com/.../70923

Posted by Rajkumar Mateti on 23-Sep-2015 10:23

Hi All,

We have fixed the issue it will be available in next 4.0.2.0 which is planned tentatively(Oct 3 2015).

Thanks,

Rajkumar

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 23-Sep-2015 20:05

Yes.  I was wondering how interested you would be, in general, to have access to a RB beta or RB Early Access to validate some of the work we are doing during a release.  
Maybe a hosted instance with the latest build? 

The problem below is a good example where you could upload a test app and see how the fix works and if it fits your needs.  More specifically, we could have improved on this even before releasing 4.0.0.

Let us know what you think.

Thanks. Thierry.

Posted by Sri Harsha on 24-Sep-2015 01:49

Hi,

As mentioned above, we have improved the page toolbar in 4.0.2 (to be released soon). Please find the screenshot bleow on how the toolbar renders when there are workflow actions

In the above image, 'Complete', 'Open', 'Validate', 'Close' are workflow actions with option "render as button". And workflow actions "Reassign", "Assign To Me", "Defer" and "Reject" are workflow actions without the option "render as button". 

So, in summary, workflow actions with "render as button" option are shown directly in the toolbar (as long as there is space to display) and other workflow actions which are renderd as links goes to the overflow menu in the toolbar. 

Hope that hepls. Please let us know if you have any comments on this. 

Regards,

Harsha.

Posted by Meryk on 25-Sep-2015 03:49

Hello Thierry,

Interesting idea about having access to beta releases. We think it would be a good idea to have a look at up coming versions before they are released.

Regards,

Meryem

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 01-Dec-2015 17:11

We are looking at providing access to a beta for V4.0.4 this week.

Would you be interested in an account?

Posted by Meryk on 02-Dec-2015 03:20

Hello Thierry,

Yes sure. Do I need to do anything?

Thanks

Meryem

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 02-Dec-2015 21:27

Great.

I will post instructions, hopefully tomorrow, Thursday, in post: community.progress.com/.../76315

Thierry.

This thread is closed