Clone "Wars"

Posted by cmdv on 22-Sep-2015 06:10

I've been struggling with this for quite some time :

I have 2 objects with a master/detail relation ship:  Master:Detail 1:M

Ive created a data conversion map for the Master.

I've selected that Detail objects should be cloned as well.

For example :

Master A with Details B and C are cloned into Master D with details E and F

For me it is imported that I know what the original  ID is of the Details.

Ive tried it with triggers and extra fields to store the Original ID's but somehow triggers arent woking in the cloning process. 

All Replies

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 22-Sep-2015 06:22

Original ID is managed by the system. No two records can share the Original ID. In this case E and F will have a different original ID from B and C.

Posted by cmdv on 22-Sep-2015 06:49

I think you understand me wrong.

When I clone Master A with Details B and C into Master D with details E and F I would like to know where E and F where originated from ...

Master Objects

A / ID 1   >   D / ID 4 (Source ID 1)   >   G / ID 7 (Source ID 4)

Detail Objects :

B / ID 2   >   E / ID 5 (Source ID 2)   >   H / ID 8 (Source ID 5

C / ID 3   >   F / ID 6 (Source ID 3)   >   I / ID 9 (Source ID 6)

Posted by cmdv on 22-Sep-2015 06:51

Ive tried it with triggers on my detail records but they dont execute during the cloning process ...

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 22-Sep-2015 07:04

Understood now. As of now we don't run triggers on records when they are created through cloning. We don't have any tags to link source and cloned records together.

Posted by cmdv on 22-Sep-2015 09:11

For now I'll manage it using some scripts but it would be nice if you could have a conversion map on these kind of relations ...

For example If I want to clone an Order (master) with Order Lines (detail) to an Invoice (master) with Invoice Lines (detail) and being able to set parameters for the detail objects as well ...

This thread is closed