New UI - Required Fields Isuue

Posted by Meryk on 18-Sep-2015 03:33

Hello,

First I think this issue might exist on other pages but I will only describe the scenario I am having now, on a Quick Create page.

I have some required fields in object A. When I open the Quick Create page of that object, if I do not put the cursor inside of these required fields, and just save without filling them in, the Save is allowed and the record saved without those required fields.

Now, if I put the cursor in the field and go outside of it without filling in, this is when it displays the error : "Field.. must be specified". Otherwise the required field is not seen as required.

Is that a bug ? If yes, is it going to be fixed any time soon please?

Cheers,

Meryem

Posted by Meryk on 22-Sep-2015 03:35

Hi Sorry Guys, was another error on my pages ... nothing to do with the required fields.

Thanks

Meryem

All Replies

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 18-Sep-2015 03:57

I am unable to reproduce this issue. What browser are you using?. If possible share the application XML.

Thanks

Srinivas

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 21-Sep-2015 22:26

Can you share screenshots ? You have made fields required at page level or at field definition level ?

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gontla on 22-Sep-2015 00:40

Hi,

I tried with the fields which marked as mandatory at page level and field definition level.

In both the cases, I am unable to reproduce the issue.

I tried with text field. For which field you got this behavior?

In UI, are you able to see the field as required field. Means, do you find * symbol before the label in quick create pop-up?

Thanks and Regards,

Chandra.

Posted by Meryk on 22-Sep-2015 03:35

Hi Sorry Guys, was another error on my pages ... nothing to do with the required fields.

Thanks

Meryem

This thread is closed