Publish to the web

Posted by RustyPipe on 07-Sep-2015 18:13

Economics aside for one moment, what is the easiest method in which to publish an application to a hosted service (& which service). 

All Replies

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 11-Sep-2015 01:05

Can you give more information about what you are trying to do ?

Posted by RustyPipe on 11-Sep-2015 21:49

I am trying to publish an application to a hosted service.

Posted by RustyPipe on 11-Sep-2015 22:05

I must admit the application building software is really good and fully understandable process.  I obtained the "Progress Rollbase Hosted Application Public Cloud pricing starts as low as $19/month for developers".

I then moved onto the Core advertised as "Ideal for building smaller workgroup applications which do not require large amounts of file storage or high network bandwidth Develop and Deploy Unlimited Apps Core Platform Ideal for building work group applications Community Support".  

Having watched as many videos as I can find on Rollbase and downloading the manuals (when I can find them) I am more confused than ever regarding getting my app in front of a customer.  I have checked on your market place and can find no instances of paid apps available why is that ??.  What am I missing here?

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 12-Sep-2015 07:49

Rollbase is both a development and deployment platform. It is available as hosted cloud (www.rollbase.com) and as a private cloud that you can host in your choice of infrastructure. You have the following options to get your app in front of a customer.

1. Signup for a hosted cloud account, develop your app there and add your customers as users to the same account with different roles. This is typically if you are building apps for users in your own company. Your development and deployment happens in same account.

2. Become an ISV in hosted cloud and create many child accounts under your ISV account. Use some of the accounts for development and testing and use others for deployment for your customers.

3. Download and Install Rollbase Private Cloud in any infrastructure. You become the super admin of the instance. Provision many accounts in that instance and use some of the accounts for development and testing and use others for deployment for your customers.

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 12-Sep-2015 08:12

We just released Marketplace recently. As of now we have only free apps that you can install and use or modify and distribute. We will be adding support for paid apps in near future in our Marketplace

Posted by RustyPipe on 15-Mar-2016 15:40

Re: We will be adding support for paid apps in near future in our Marketplace -

Q. Has this "paid app" happens as yet?

Posted by Manooj Murali on 15-Mar-2016 23:57

Hi -

Support for this feature is not yet there within the platform. But, you can always mark an app as paid and then configure the 'Learn More' link to redirect to another url which can have anything you want (like say a payment gateway integration). Upon payment confirmation, you can share the app xml with the requested party which they can install in their Rollbase account. I understand that this is not as seamless as the support for Free Apps but this is what we have at the moment.

Regards.

Posted by RustyPipe on 16-Mar-2016 00:38

Manooj many thanks I think I will leave that option so its

So its hosted cloud account, ISV hosted cloud or Rollbase Private Cloud  (Java application VPS etc)....

Posted by Manooj Murali on 16-Mar-2016 02:41

The shared app can be installed in any regular Rollbase Account (be it hosted, ISV or private cloud).

Posted by RustyPipe on 16-Mar-2016 03:03

Yes I understand exactly ...what you are saying now.  (hosted, ISV or private) and I now understand the implications of each.  

Posted by RustyPipe on 18-Mar-2016 13:56

So can you send me the details for the ISV option as its the only one that is not published? :)

Posted by RustyPipe on 04-Apr-2016 16:41

How do you become an ISV?

Posted by murali on 04-Apr-2016 17:10

Hi,  Could you connect with me please?  murali at  progress  dot com

This thread is closed