Using Kendo UI Widgets in Rollbase

Posted by mnashi on 02-Sep-2015 19:18

Are there any documentations regarding using Kendo UI Prof Edition libraries in Rollbase application?

All Replies

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 02-Sep-2015 22:37

Nothing specific.  You can use any of the widgets at http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/
You would program them as html/script components in page designer and you can populate the widget data sources via client side api.

What were you looking for?

[collapse]
From: mnashi [mailto:bounce-mnashi@community.progress.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 8:19 PM
To: TU.Rollbase@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - Rollbase] Using Kendo UI Widgets in Rollbase

Thread created by mnashi

Are there any documentations regarding using Kendo UI Prof Edition libraries in Rollbase application?

Posted by egarcia on 03-Sep-2015 08:46

Hello,

Depending on your goals, you could use the Rollbase APIs that are used for Mobile support and use the JSDO integration with the Kendo UI DataSource. (Rollbase 4.0 and JSDO 4.1)

Your application would use the same APIs as for Mobile support but it can be a web app.

Here is a link to some samples using the JSDO and Kendo UI.

   community.progress.com/.../2020.aspx

You could adapt those examples to use Rollbase.

Here is a link to the documentation on how to define a Progress Data Service to use :

documentation.progress.com/.../doc

documentation.progress.com/.../doc

The following wiki article lists steps on to creating a Mobile app using Telerik AppBuilder with a Rollbase backend:

   community.progress.com/.../2681.how-to-create-a-new-mobile-app-using-telerik-appbuilder.aspx

I hope this helps.

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 03-Sep-2015 12:26

Mahantesh,

I was assuming you were referring to using Kendo UI professional library in the newly released V4.0 new ui to customize your pages with any of the rich widgets available.

Please confirm.

Thanks. Thierry

Posted by mnashi on 03-Sep-2015 20:43

Yes. I want to know how to use those widgets in v 4.0 new ui. I am basically interested in calendar and tree view components.

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 03-Sep-2015 20:59

Ok.  So what I mentioned above is what you want to do:

  1. Check the demo at demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui
  2. Program the widget usage as html/script components in page designer.  In general you would populate the widget data source with data from Rollbase via client side api (though, obviously, the data can come from anywhere you like).

FYI: Kendo UI calendar widget is used natively by RB when you define a field of type date on any object.

Happy coding :)

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 03-Sep-2015 21:03

Here is a quick sample to get you started:

In page designer: drag an HTML component and add: <input id="datepicker" />

then drag a script component and add:

 $("#datepicker").kendoDatePicker({
      value: new Date(2015, 0, 1, 10, 30)
 });